Brand Creative Director
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing fintechs with over 2 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
About the Role:
We're looking for a Brand Creative Director to lead design and brand strategy at Current. The Brand Creative Director will ensure that design directly supports the customer, business, and brand objectives. They will bridge the gap between product and marketing and provide a vision to execute against, while ensuring design consistency.
The ideal candidate will have experience building aspirational branding for distinct audiences, as well as working across teams to communicate a relevant and unified brand to our customers and potential customers. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is solutions-oriented, thinks outside of the box, enjoys fast-paced work and is motivated by success. They will be responsible for coaching and leadership development, in order to build, inspire and motivate a world-class design team.
- Work cross-functionally with the full team of designers and creatives to lead creative direction and ensure cohesive execution across all brand touch points.
- Partner with tech, product, and marketing counterparts, balancing input and strategy to deliver exceptional experiences for our users.
- Oversee brand strategy and implementation
- Drive the direction and development of Current’s consumer creative strategy and execution with internal creatives, agencies, and production partners
- Ensure product design excellence in our mobile apps and website
- 10+ years of experience leading design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, UI/UX, writing, branding, research) at consumer-focused companies or agencies.
- Experience leading a team to develop aspirational and relevant branding
- You’ve shipped consumer products and understand what it takes to create engaging, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You think strategically and holistically about brand experience. You are a proven innovator who thrives on delivering elegant and succinct creative solutions to complex briefs.
- You’re a fantastic communicator – a story teller at heart. You have the communication skills to help your team work cross-functionally with business stakeholders
- You have great taste and creative sensibilities, and as importantly you understand what’s relevant to different audiences.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents
- Commuter Benefits
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for modern life. Get paid up to 2 days faster 💸 | Free overdraft 🎉 | No hidden fees or minimums 🚫 |