This job is no longer accepting applications.
Degreed is the upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. We integrate everything people use to learn and build their careers—skill insights, LMSs, courses, videos, articles, and projects—and match everyone to growth opportunities that fit their unique skills, roles, and goals.
The Data Engineer provides data scientists, analytics engineers, business analysts, as well as reporting and analysis tools, with timely, accurate, reliable data. Degreed amasses a high volume of structured and unstructured data in multiple production systems. In this role, you’ll take ownership of pipelining that data together into various repositories to enable reporting, data analysis, and data modeling. In addition, you’ll assist the Data Science team in accessing and making sense of data in its raw form.
Day In The Life
- Develop data pipelines to extract, load, and transform data using SQL and Python
- Design, deploy, and maintain services in our growing Azure-based data infrastructure
- Partner with internal teams to research and develop requirements for new features
- Research systems and APIs to find the best way to connect to third-party datasets
- Design database schemas and queries to ensure performance
- Write automated tests to monitor and ensure end to end data quality
- Work with data scientists to experiment with and deploy machine learning models
- Consult with teams across Degreed to provide expertise, guidance, and support using data
- Other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 3+ years experience writing performant, maintainable, and scalable Python services
- Experience deploying and maintaining CI/CD-enabled high-availability production services
- Experience with one or more data pipeline platforms like Airflow, Stitch, or others
- Proficiency with automated testing using tools like pytest
- Familiarity with one or more cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP, etc.
- Interest or practical experience with data analysis and visualization an asset
- Practical experience with software development processes and tools such as Scrum, code reviews, GitHub, Jira, etc.
- Familiarity and/or an interest in distributed systems
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Pragmatic and scrappy, with a passion for startup-up environments
- Experience working remotely desired
- Lifelong learner, excited to learn new things, with a desire to make it easier for others to do the same!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
See Degreed Jobs for more details on Degreed and why you should come work with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The upskilling platform that connects learning to opportunities. Success is no longer defined by where you’ve been, but what you can do.