iOS Technical Lead
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Great visuals tell stories that touch hearts, open minds, and even influence what we buy, eat, and do. That’s why CrowdRiff exists: to connect brands and consumers alike with the captivating imagery that makes a real impact. As a market leader in travel and tourism technology, we help get people excited to scuba dive in Tahiti, explore Napa’s wine country, and bungee jump in Queenstown. CrowdRiff’s visual marketing platform helps marketers source, organize and publish visuals at scale.
Our team is a quirky and diverse crew that has one thing in common: our love for great visuals. Every day, we work across desks, departments and even oceans to reach our goals, and delight our customers. If you’re passionate about helping everyone see what matters, you’re just our type.
Your Role: iOS Technical Lead
We’re looking for an iOS Technical Lead enthusiastic about leading the creation of our first native mobile app from the ground up. In this role you will have an opportunity to create a product that allows creatives to build Web Stories (https://stories.google) about their travel experiences and help over 800 destinations inspire people when they eventually get ready to travel again. You will get to build an app from project creation all the way through to an App Store launch with a team which includes product managers, designers, and developers. You will be the first iOS engineer in the company and also have an opportunity to hire and grow your team.
What you’ll do:
- Build an app from project creation through to an App Store launch.
- Establish, hire and mature a mobile app development team.
- Help the company adjust its approach to building products to absorb the addition of a native mobile app to its product suite.
- Help the engineering team consider new ways of working that enable effective engineering practices to support a native mobile app.
- Create a plan to establish & iterate on app building processes within the company and deliver an MVP version of the Story Creator app to the App Store.
What you'll need:
- At least one full cycle experience taking an app from scratch to an App Store launch.
- Experience hiring and growing an iOS team or participating in the hiring process within an iOS team.
- Minimum of 5 years of native mobile application development experience as an individual contributor or a tech lead.
- Experience building iOS apps using Swift and Objective-C.
- Fundamental understanding of frameworks and libraries commonly used in the Apple ecosystem.
- Experience using mobile app testing frameworks like Test Flight or equivalent.
- Knowledge and understanding of client-side instrumentation and the ability to visualize, interpret and analyze telemetry data being sent by clients.
- Knowledge of how backend systems work. Past experience building backend systems is a big plus.
- Nice to haves:
- Awareness and basic understanding of other mobile platforms including cross-platform frameworks like React Native.
- Experience with scrappy engagements like building MVPs or proof-of-concept type apps for validation.
- Experience with A/B testing or other experimentation methodologies.
- Localization and accessibility experience.
- Experience working with image, audio or video files on iOS.
- Interesting, challenging work and a friendly, inclusive culture
- Generous vacation policy and unique travel-focused benefits. You’ll even be able to visit our customer destinations around the globe!
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- Generous parental leave benefit
- Regular team-building events
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly Travel Benefit
- Weekly internal learning activities & quarterly hack events
- Excited yet? Here’s more about us … visit our website or check us out on Instagram.
CrowdRiff is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. Selection decisions are solely based on job-related factors.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
It's time to make visuals the center of your marketing.