Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we’re transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You’ll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you’re working from, we’re committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
As a Senior Product Designer you know that the best designed software products are grounded in an understanding of the needs of the people who use them. You will be part of a collaborative team and play a key role in shaping the Fiix user experience. You will rapidly create designs — and iterate on them — to explore, refine, and test solutions.
What you will do
- Design a modern, empowering, seamless experience for users in the Fiix app — across different features, browsers, and devices
- Rapidly create design mockups and prototypes to communicate and test your designs
- Design, co-ordinate, and evolve the components & patterns that form the Fiix Design System — from initial requirements and concepts to final designs and specs
- Organize and document guidelines, specifications, and best practices for the Fiix Design System, and communicate to others on the Product Team how to use them
- Advocate for users, lead by example, and contribute to building a strong UX practice
- Bring a user-centered lens to the work you do, across multiple stages of our design and development processes
- Raise the bar for the quality of our work through feedback and critique — and by incorporating insights from these into your work
- Successfully prioritize your work and balance the needs of multiple projects
- Deeply understand both user needs and product capabilities, to deliver a great experience
- Work closely with UX and visual designers, developers, product managers, SMEs, and stakeholders as we design, build, and deliver the Fiix CMMS
- Act as a mentor to more junior designers on the team by providing feedback and guidance
What we're looking for
- 7+ years experience in digital product design
- Skill and expertise in UX, visual design, and interaction design; you’ll be a great fit for this role if you’re adept with working at any stage of the design process — or across multiple stages, from initial ideation all the way through to final visual design polish
- A portfolio of work that showcases modern, clear, elegant, user-centered design
- Experience designing digital solutions for: Complex UX challenges Enterprise, B2B, or SaaS products
- Professional qualities like: Being motivated, proactive, and able to hit the ground running. Thinking in terms of the big picture but consistently delivering on the details
- Expertise in best practices for creating and maintaining design systems
- Proven experience with the following: Designing with usability and accessibility in mind; translating actionable insights from research into designs; design tools like Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to balance viability, desirability, and feasibility when making design decisions and recommendations
- UX is a team sport! We’re looking for someone who thinks and works at the team level: a strong cross-functional collaborator who’s comfortable working in an Agile environment
- A track record of successfully communicating design approaches, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Emotionally intelligent and situationally aware in order to effectively lead facilitated design sessions, present work, understand and manage trade-offs, and persuade others when needed
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.