Senior Back-End Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we’re transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You’ll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you’re working from, we’re committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
As a Senior Back-End Developer you will build and maintain Java Spring-based microservices with an Angular front-end to support various business services in the CMMS domain. Your primary focus will be on delivering high quality software while caring deeply about code quality, readability and reliability. You will be a key technical expert in a cross-functional agile team and deliver high-quality software and a great user experience for our customers.
What you will do:
- Design and develop highly scalable and robust microservice applications using the principles of Test Driven Development, Domain Driven Design, Command Query Responsibility Segregation and Event Sourcing.
- Work closely with your team in developing Java Web Service applications using Spring Boot, Hibernate and Axon Framework.
- Build and develop our microservices infrastructure using AWS Cloudformation, Docker, Terraform and other IAC technologies.
- Work across other microservices teams to solve deployment, integration and operational challenges in a microservices-based platform.
- Supervise, plan, and execute deployments of microservices, and be responsible for the smooth running operation of the microservices your team maintains.
- Integrate services with external systems such as Salesforce, Segment and Gainsight.
- Act as a subject matter expert in different technical areas.
- Coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
What we're looking for:
- Solid experience in:
- - Working with modern build tools and have worked with CI and CD.
- - Using Git for source code management
- - Agile Methodologies
- Experience or an interest in learning about DevOps, developing and maintaining the infrastructures in which your applications will be tested and deployed on.
- Understand and can demonstrate knowledge of common, Design Patterns, OOPS concepts and SOLID design principles.
- Regularly practice TDD, and are great with developer testing tools and methodologies (i.e. unit testing, integration testing, load testing, and continuous integration testing).
- Thrive working in a collaborative setting and thrive on the idea of collective success in achieving common goals.
- Unafraid of change and can refactor and work effectively with legacy code.
- Self-starter with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in an agile environment and help coach other team members.
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.