QA Engineer - Mobile
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we’re transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You’ll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you’re working from, we’re committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
What you will do:
- Lead complex application testing that may pose significant functional or technical challenges.
- Define test cases and write automation test scripts from requirements to confirm that the system meets business objectives and maintain high-quality application deliverables
- Analyze test process improvements, identifies gaps and opportunities to automate existing applications using industry standard and proven practices.
- Research, learn, apply and share information regarding quality assurance and testing tools, techniques, and market trends.
- Participate in developing new testing tools, knowledge products and standards.
- Provide leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Perform audits of processes, maintains and reports specified measures.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in testing complex software and two years of experience in Mobile applications (both iOS and Android).
- You've got an in-depth understanding of both manual and automated testing, including developing test cases and plans.
- You write clear, actionable bug reports.
- You love to understand how all elements of a system work together.
- You've got strong exploratory testing skills.
- Experience with using version control (Git), defect tracking systems (JIRA) and test case management (TestRail).
- A fantastic QA engineer with a focus on automation that looks to support their team.
- You love to keep up to date with new industry methods and technologies to streamline quality assurance testing to ensure successful delivery.
- You're a self-starter and an analytical thinker with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience within an Agile environment.
- Experience working with AppCenter, Test Flight, Google Play.
- Knowledge in Xcode, Swift, Charles, Android Studio is a plus.
- A B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent working experience would be ideal.
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.