Junior Software Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we’re transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You’ll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you’re working from, we’re committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
What you will do:
- Work with the latest technologies in an agile environment, contributing to the development of a robust product.
- Actively involved in brainstorming sessions, building, maintaining and supporting.
- Deliver high quality, robust code and demonstrate it using developer testing techniques (ie. unit testing, integration testing, load testing, and continuous integration).
- Conduct research and provide suggestions on any new technologies and tools to improve our development process.
- Work with other development teams, DevOps, QA, Product Managers and Designers throughout the delivery process.
What we’re looking for:
- Some experience working with Java, JEE, and common Design Patterns
- Experience writing clean, reusable code and values unit testing
- Knowledgeable about data store technologies such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- A self-starter with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive in taking initiative and has a strong willingness to learn
- Degree, diploma or certificate in a post secondary educational institution within a related program
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.