This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we’re transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You’ll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you’re working from, we’re committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
As a DevOps engineer at Fiix, you will bring a highly collaborative approach to all you do. You’ll work closely with developers, product owners, QA, support and other cross-functional teams to ensure our customers receive the best application experience. You’ll need to be a self starter with a passion for teaching and learning. You get excited about finding and solving problems using DevOps principles across all teams.
What you will do:
- Focusing on developing and optimizing CI/CD pipelines and infrastructure on public cloud platforms.
- Supporting developers with new and existing architecture and deployment patterns.
- Developing and improving upon security and operational practices.
- Utilizing IaC technologies to deliver infrastructure as an application component of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Designing and leading DevOps initiatives and practices to ensure optimal performance, uptime, security and efficiency of applications and their deployment cycles.
- Constantly learning and improving yourself and others around you to ensure optimal service delivery to customers and teams.
- You are empowered to try new technologies and processes, always questioning the status quo for ever improving outcomes
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of production public cloud experience, preferably AWS or Azure
- Cloud infrastructure using IaC, for example Terraform or CloudFormation
- Coding and scripting/coding skills to achieve high quality, testable automation
- Configuration and secrets management, for example Hashicorp Vault
- Experience with: CI/CD pipelines including GitHub actions & AWS CodePipeline
- Docker and container management, preferably AWS ECS or K8s
- Monitoring, alerting, APM and tracing platforms, preferably Datadog
- Experience in operations, administering Linux systems
- Security-first approach
- Everything as code mindset
- Collaborative team player focuses optimizing the process and minimizing waste
- Desire to develop and lead best practices with a strong focus on customer and business outcomes
- Experience developing and optimizing data-driven dashboards to measure and progress objectives
- Intellectual curiosity and a love of continuous learning in a polyglot environment
- Ability to respond on-call in a rotation and lead incident management activities
- Nice to have:
- Kubernetes in production experience
- Experience with Microservice architecture patterns
- Security and compliance as code technologies
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.