Software Developer - Applied AI
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fiix is on a mission to build better maintenance teams by connecting customers to the tools, resources, and technology they need to join the future of maintenance. We help our customers drive better business outcomes with easy-to-use, AI-driven maintenance software, an open ecosystem, pre-built integrations and the industry expertise they need for maintenance success. There are over 2600 maintenance teams in 90+ countries using Fiix to improve communication, asset health, and even sustainability.
Creating positive social impact is baked into our company DNA, and as one of Canada’s fastest-growing companies and Best Workplaces, we’re transforming an industry and doing it the right way.
About the team
Our Fiixers are the key to our success. Our team is made up of professionals who bring together a variety of experiences, backgrounds and perspectives. We celebrate the diversity of our people and place a high value on creating an environment where everyone can bring their whole self to work.
As a Fiixer, you will work in a caring and collaborative culture, alongside people who are passionate and purpose-driven. You’ll have the support and resources you need to grow, achieve your professional goals and develop your career for the future.
In our fast-paced, high-growth environment, you’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging projects, develop your expertise and pursue leadership, within and outside of your role. Plus, as a BCorp certified organization, there are tons of opportunities to make an impact! Take paid time off to volunteer in your community, start up a new committee, join an employee resource group, or mentor other Fiixers. Best of all, you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely or come and experience our awesome office. No matter where you’re working from, we’re committed to ensuring that the Fiixer experience is best in class!
We’re looking for a Software Developer focused to join our Applied AI team and help take Fiix’s explosive growth to a whole new level. We think most software is too complex, too many features with too many promises. We're on a mission to change that - to build truly superior software that changes the way people work. Our team is growing fast and we're looking for talented developers just like you that are hungry to innovate.
What you will do:
- End to end development from architecture to deployment of new Applied AI products
- Work with team to design, build, maintain and optimize our data management and analytics pipeline
- Partner with machine learning engineering to support model development and deployment, including infrastructure and prediction delivery
- Lead development of the AI team's deployment and CI/CD infrastructure
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years’ software development experience using Python or Java with RDBMS
- Proficiency in software engineering fundamentals – data structures, algorithms and design
- Experience with distributed cloud-native systems, ideally with working knowledge of message- or stream-oriented architectures
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Interest and ability to learn new technologies
- Familiarity with AWS, ideally using an infrastructure as code (IaC) approach and tooling
- Exposure to modern frontend development with ES6 (TypeScript preferred) and Angular 2+ or React
- Experience with testing tools and methodologies (i.e. unit testing, integration testing, performance and capacity testing)
- Experience with Git-based SCM
- Self-starter with a strong desire to work on a small collaborative team in an agile environment
- Experience with Kubernetes and TerraForm will be a plus
- Ideally B.Sc. or above in Computer Science or equivalent
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.