Sr Design Specialist - Lead Software Developer - TEC11286-19
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team
We are a DevOps team responsible for developing, testing and maintaining software for a business service automation framework (BSAF), which is part of an enterprise grade federated SDN/NFV orchestration platform. BSAF is responsible for the service orchestration automation for all various different business services.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together?
Together, we will ensure that we curate, mentor and build a team of self-sufficient software designers, who will employ their collective technical expertise to create a complete and reliable service orchestration framework. We will build a team which will continuously evolve by raising the bar on everything we do and how we do it – be it technical expertise, interpersonal skills and collaboration. And all this, while not forgetting how to have fun!
- You will be responsible for the design and architecture of the BSAF features
- You will work the product chief architect and the solution architect and will be responsible for deriving software design from high level business requirements and the service solution
- You will use your knowledge and expertise to help decide an appropriate design frameworks and right set of tools
- You can clearly present and articulate a complex technical solution in a very simple way to the executives
- You will provide design and technical leadership to the team members
- You will be responsible for the development of the features assigned to you
- You will be responsible for mentoring junior members of the team with technical aspects of the project
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience developing products in the IP networking space on the EMS or the NE
- Knowledge of modern SDN related protocols – PCEP, OpenFlow, XMPP, Netconf
- Knowledge of network management concepts and basic protocols (e.g. SNMP, NetConf, REST, YANG Modeling)
- 10+ years of programming experience in developing micro services in Java/Python
- Solid understanding of Object Oriented Analysis Design
- Knowledge/experience in Relational and Graph databases
- Knowledge of SDN and related OpenSource projects including OpenDaylight, ONOS/ONAP
- Experience with J2EE Application Server environment
- Experience developing ReSTful interfaces and micro service architecture
- Knowledge of web development/JS/CSS/HTML5
- Experience developing code in CI/CD environment and familiarity with CI/CD tools like GitLab/GitHub, Serenity and SonarQube
- Experience working with and deploying code in container environments – products like Docker, Kubernetes or Openshift
- Familiar with virtualization concepts related to KVM, Openstack and VMWare
- Experience developing highly distributed, highly scalable, carrier-grade products
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required, both written and verbal
- The candidate must be able to successfully work in a team oriented environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast paced, innovative environment
- Familiar or proficient with UNIX/Linux OS and shell scripting
- Experience developing software to support IPv4/6 Protocols - OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, GMPLS
- Experience developing software for IP WAN services – L3VPN, L2VPN
Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
Primary Location: CA-ON-Scarborough
Other Locations: CA-ON-Ottawa
Your application has been successfully submitted.
All Connected for Good