Software Validation Engineer, Onboard Charging
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
As a Firmware Engineer on the Charging Team, you will have the opportunity to accelerate the delivery of quality Tesla products to consumer markets. You will be responsible for architecting, designing, and implementing firmware validation procedures, equipment, and automation regarding high voltage systems. Your effort to create and equip automated validation infrastructures will have a direct impact on the reliability and robustness of the Tesla products as well as the customer experience. The Tesla vehicle charging team is extremely focused on the quality of users’ charging experience and the safety of the system as a whole. The team strives to create robust, efficient firmware and your responsibility is to ensure the code quality is high. You will work within the development and integration teams to create innovative automated test systems and implement tests are on these platforms. These systems explore and validate the performance capabilities of our hardware and firmware.
What You’ll Do
- Design advanced automated test suites
- Architect methods of integrating the automated test suites into development processes
- Create reporting mechanisms for automated testing for firmware and hardware
- Work alongside the development and integration teams to create automated regression tests
- Assist in creating unit tests
- Explore and innovate methods of testing the robustness and quality of the charging firmware
- Understand and deconstruct complicated software systems and devise strategies to test these systems
- Create and execute test plans designed to expose weakness or faults in components
- Report the coverage of the automated tests and the metrics that the code is being evaluated against
- Cohesively work with developers to optimize the acceleration of component validation with the use of metric driven data
What You’ll Bring
- Minimum of 1 years of relevant experience (embedded design/validation) Expertise testing devices and debugging hardware (oscilloscope, logic analyzer, DMM)
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or the equivalent in experience with evidence of exceptional ability
- Proficiency in C and C++
- Desire to participate in improving code robustness and designing testing infrastructure
- Ability to think creatively and produce “outside of the box” solutions
Nice to have Skills
- Experience in schematic design & capture (Altium Designer)
- Experience with FPGA or HDL (Verilog, VHDL)
- Background with Simulink and modeling embedded designs
- Scripting skills in at least one common language (Python, Perl, Shell)
- Familiarity with Linux framework and designing code running on Linux platforms
- Experience designing or interfacing with HIL / SIL test setups
- Familiarity with National Instrument Testing Software (LabView, TestStand, VeriStand)
- Knowledge of source control (Git) and continuous integration (Jenkins)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.