Rust or C++ Developer/Software Engineer – Tesla Bot Simulations (All levels)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
The simulation team is looking for a Rust or C++ Developer to expand our cutting-edge Robots simulation engine written in Rust. The engine simulates physics/discrete/firmware scenarios as movement of robot hands and joints. This role also includes development of frameworks for running automated test suites, modeling frameworks, and exploratory analysis tools.
This role is crucial to releasing high quality software for new product development. Creating, maintaining, and scaling highly efficient, effective, and thorough development systems enables us to have higher confidence in our releases and changes.
Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles.
What You’ll Do
- Development of an internal, high performance simulation engine in Rust
- Integration of simulation engine with other internal tooling, e.g., modeling frameworks, automated test infrastructure, real-time simulations
- Working with other Tesla engineers to plan new features, use cases and integrations for the simulation platform
What You’ll Bring
- 2+ years of relevant experience in software development, embedded development or similar
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in a low-level language such as Rust or C++
- Willingness to learn and program in Rust for the majority of your work
- Experience with Python and/or embedded C is a plus
- Experience in simulation of Robots Motors and Position controls is a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with the team
- You are passionate about automating work and enabling others to go faster with the tooling you develop
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact email@example.com for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.