Systems Integration Engineer – Body Controls
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
Body controls systems integration engineers within the vehicle software organization work side by side with various cross-functional teams to lead the design and development of body controls systems. This role utilizes hardware, software and system design fundamentals to support product design, vehicle behaviors definition, prototype bring-up, and validation, with a software focus. Body controls integration engineers are responsible for overall functionality and performance of body controls systems throughout product life cycle. Systems this role will be responsible for include doors, trunk, frunk, windows, seating, lighting, mirrors, wipers, heaters, steering wheel controls, and other actuators and sensors.
What You’ll Do
- Distill vehicle product requirements into actionable software requirements
- Lead software architecture design of body controls products and features
- Define system hardware and software interfaces
- Bring-up and debug early software and hardware prototypes through characterizing the systems and ensuring systems perform to requirements
- Support validation teams in developing component and system level test plans to meet product requirements
- Understand and debug hardware and software interactions during design, launch, and deployment of products or features
- Perform field data analytics to improve design and performance of the system
- Analyze changes to assess impact to systems by summarizing impacted devices, interfaces and process in the hardware and software domain
- Perform DFMEA and HARA for body controls systems
- Serve as a system leader to provide technical direction for electrical, software, manufacturing, mechanical design, and service teams
- Help various cross-functional teams understand how their systems and related decisions impact different vehicle systems
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degrees in Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or equivalent
- Strong C/C++ comprehension
- Comfortable with Electrical Engineering fundamentals
- Excellent at hands-on debugging complex subsystems involving network microprocessors and software-controlled electrical or electromechanical devices
- Comfortable analyzing data to improve design and performance of a system
- Understanding of hardware and software development processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have an exceptional capacity for managing simultaneous activities and challenges
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.