Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
What to Expect
Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Since our founding in 2003, Tesla has broken new barriers in developing high-performance automobiles that are not only the world’s best and highest-selling pure electric vehicles, but also the safest, highest-rated cars on the road in the world. Tesla also offers a full suite of energy products that incorporates solar, storage, and grid services. As the world’s only fully integrated sustainable energy company, Tesla is at the vanguard of the world’s inevitable shift towards a sustainable energy platform.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the corporate accounting team in Draper, UT. The role will have responsibility for a variety of accounting areas and financial close activities. Accounting areas covered by the team include (but are not limited to) accrued expenses, prepaid expenses, other assets/liabilities, goodwill and intangibles, long-term debt, and payroll accruals. Closing activities include financial statement variance analysis (balance sheet and income statement), month-end analytical reviews, and collaboration with FP&A and external reporting on significant or unusual transactions. In addition to recurring accounting duties, this role will have a heavy focus on driving process improvements and collaborating with IT on automation initiatives to scale our accounting processes as the company continues to grow.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies
- Responsible for various aspects (journal entries, account reconciliations) of the monthly financial close process
- Analyze and prepare explanations for monthly and quarterly fluctuations in balance sheet account balances and income statement activity
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reporting information
- Collaborate and work closely with key contacts in other departments (e.g., FP&A, Revenue, Payroll, Treasury, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable) to improve accounting processes
- Assist with projects and initiatives to continuously drive process improvements and accelerate the financial close process
- Prepare materials as required for internal and external auditors
- Assist with special projects as needed
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Accounting; Passed CPA exam (or CPA candidate) preferred
- 3-7 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably in an accounting operations environment at a fast-paced, public company; public accounting experience is a plus
- Ability to analyze accounting trends and communicate them to an executive audience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (e.g., if statements, formula nesting, pivot tables, slicers, power query) in order to efficiently work with large volumes of data; SQL experience is a plus
- Experience identifying process improvement opportunities and leveraging technology to implement automated solutions
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our Tesla Talent Privacy Notice.
Your application has been successfully submitted.