Technical Account Manager - Project Consultant Job
Montreal, QC, Canada
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Purpose and Objectives
We are seeking a passionate individual with customer centricity mindset to join us in a journey of delivering customer success. We are looking always for innovating ways to deliver our support process at the highest standard and act as a customer voice to improve internal processes. Ideal candidate owns customer success and is able to build and sustain relationships with internal stakeholders, customers and partners always striving towards unprecedented solutions. Join our team of highly motivated and talented people with wide background of knowledge and experience.
1) Incident, Change & Escalation Management
2) Relationship Management
3) Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Transfer, Talent Development
4) Enterprise Consultancy
5) Project Management
Incident, Change & Escalations Management
- Has a good understanding of the incident/change resolution process and escalation procedure
- Effectively applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the incident/change management area.
- Coordinates standard and custom incident/change
- Works on problems of moderate scope and complexity that require more analysis and inquiry.
- Fairly independent in applying incident/change management in position. Occasionally needs some direction in the resolution of problems.
- Is able to identify, communicate and address risks
- Follows standard practices and procedures to analyze data on problems where solutions can be readily obtained with basic skills and knowledge.
- Applies known solutions to de-escalate with limited supervision
- Drives customer satisfaction and takes ownership for customer success
- Builds productive relationship with customers and partners
- Identifies and resolves issues identified within the case with limited supervision depending on issue complexity
- Has a good understanding of customer priorities and requirements
- Presents effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Shares information and communicates clearly with team members to improve team effectiveness
- Encourages and accepts feedback
- Can handle effective communication to/with customer independently
Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Transfer, Talent Development
- Actively seeks a mentor to continue building skills
- May mentor and develop more junior colleagues
- Is able to identify gaps and contribute to knowledge creation
- Applies fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of the knowledge/skill area and attend required trainings
- Is able to gather the business requirements with customers as well as internal and external experts and make solid recommendations.
- Posses/ demonstrates knowledge of best practices applicable for given problem
- Good understanding of the customer business requirements.
- Consults on non-standard feature or service request and best practices
- Prepares customer surge events including expansion discussion
- Provides feedback about quality, gaps and requirements to solutions owners
- Conduct standard customer presentations and reviews
- Has good knowledge of at least one of the SAP products
- Has a good understanding of project management
- Has solid knowledge of concepts, methodologies, procedures and best practices of the project management
- Delivers medium complexity projects in required standard of customer service quality and within the specified constraints
- Coordinate with support teams to ensure that operational requirements have been met to ensure successful project handoff
- Support with standard and custom features and service requests from customers
- Provide solutions in complex environments in cooperation with Development/Engineering/Operations
- Support Customers in planning infrastructure readiness including Kick-off meeting, Cloud Readiness Check and Go Live activities
- Provide regular and thorough project reporting as required.
- Has a good understanding of the customer business process and function
- Is capable of undertaking local internal initiatives and low complexity projects
- Has a good understanding of reporting tools
- Is able to prepare and deliver standard and ad-hoc documentation, reports to customers and internal stakeholders with limited supervision
Experience & Educational Requirements:
- Fluency in English – verbal and written
- Analytical, detail-oriented personality
- Troubleshooting expert in resolving complex issues and work under pressure
- Positive, proactive and customer-focused attitude
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or an equivalent combination of educational and work experience in a related field)
- 4 years of experience working in IT project management (or equivalent)
- 3 years of experience in customer-facing engagements
- 2 years of experience in Cloud infrastructure projects
- Good knowledge of cloud environments and cloud based technologies (Azure, Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Availability to work on call escalation rotation with team on weekend
- Fluency in at least one major language other than English
- Experience working in software development environment
- One or more ITIL and/or Project Management certifications
- One or more technology certifications
- Ability to travel on-site to visit customers or for internal assignments
French job description to follow.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: firstname.lastname@example.org, APJ: email@example.com, EMEA: firstname.lastname@example.org). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Account Manager, Information Technology, IT Manager, Engineer, ERP, Sales, Technology, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.