VP, Core Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
As a Vice President of Core Engineering at Highspot, you will inspire, lead, and grow an organization of creative and talented core engineering professionals who build our products and bring to life software with a spark of magic. You’ll bring your operational leadership, technical expertise and proven people development skills to bear on strategic decisions about our technical ecosystem, department operations, and engineering culture. You will be a key member of the Product leadership team, leading our core engineering product pillars, and will report directly to our co-founder and Chief Product Officer.
What You'll Do
- Build and scale a team of engineers and leaders, through whom you’ll execute on the strategic direction of Highspot’s product development, inspiring and motivating teams to do their best work, and cultivating an environment of inclusion and belonging
- Effectively collaborate and build strategy with key partners and stakeholders throughout Highspot, including leaders in Design, Product Management, Product Marketing and Services, ensuring we continue to build products our customers love
- Uphold and build upon Highspot’s culture, ensuring that Engineering is a welcoming, inclusive place, and that we not only meet our DE&I goals but lead Seattle’s tech industry with our commitment to equity and inclusion
- Provide technical direction and guidance and work closely with the Product Architects to manage the evolution of Highspot’s software; ensure our architecture and stack are optimized to keep pace with the demands of hyper-growth; position our products for continued high-availability and reliability across multiple worldwide data centers
- Deeply understand the strategic value and the market opportunity Highspot’s product offerings; leverage your expertise to define KPIs and growth plans for your organization
- Consistently deliver products that maximize product quality, security, and reliability, including partnering with the DevOps team to build and maintain highly-observable systems with excellent metrics and actionable alerts
- Create a collaborative environment where all levels of engineers can contribute in meaningful ways
- Partner with the Services team to understand what drives customer joy in your product area and ensure your team works to address customer concerns in a timely manner
- Partner with Architects team and CISO to design and implement proactive security postures for customer- and internal-facing systems
- Define clear roles and responsibilities that ensure efficient decision-making, careful analysis of trade-offs, and a responsible balance of strategic business objectives, unique customer needs, operational necessities, and product quality
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to develop, build and deliver innovative AI and ML capabilities
- Help define and develop best practices used by engineers to foster quality, agility, innovation, and overall developer happiness
- Minimum of 15 years in senior engineering leadership roles, including managing engineering leaders, and recent experience in the B2B SaaS industry
- An academic background in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience leading core engineering teams with a total organization size of at least 150-200+, having scaled these teams in growth scenarios
- Extensive experience developing and scaling cloud-native applications and infrastructure
- Proven success in attracting and retaining top engineering talent from diverse backgrounds
- Track record of scaling Engineering organizations and deep understanding of the organizational design and change management needed to lead through successful growth.
- Proven success as a partner and collaborator who prioritizes the success of the team over individual aspirations
- Entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Previous experience designing and building software products at scale
- Deep understanding of the SDLC for SaaS applications
- Knowledge of modern object-oriented and functional programming languages and deep understanding of SAAS architectures
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Highspot is the sales enablement platform that empowers companies to make every customer conversation count.