Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
As a senior backend engineer, you will be responsible for leading the design and development of core backend features of the Highspot platform. We are looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who will bring creativity and experience as they work collaboratively with a talented team. Our ideal candidate understands how to build customer-facing software; they are a skilled communicator who enjoys working collaboratively with designers, product managers, and engineers; they are self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
Our development stack comprises various technologies including Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Kafka, Apache Solr and Lucene, Kubernetes, AWS, and Chef.
What You'll Do
- Partner with UX, Product Management, Data Science, and other teams to create software that customers love.
- Develop clean, reusable, supportable, and well-tested RESTful APIs and web services, including Highspot’s external API
- Optimize and perform enhancements to large-scale data services built on top of MongoDB, Postgres, Redis, and other technologies
- Integrate Highspot with external APIs, including third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems, Content Management Systems (CMS), and other partner applications
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to integrate advanced machine learning models into the application to deliver insights and help solve complex business problems for customers
- Build scalable methodologies, tools, and techniques accompanied by excellent technical documentation.
- Stay abreast of new technologies and practices to further enhance team capabilities and your own skills.
- Act as a mentor and source for direction, training, and guidance for more junior engineers.
- Proficiency in building, integrating with, and supporting APIs and web services using a variety of languages, data formats, and data transformations
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- Experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Highspot is the sales enablement platform that empowers companies to make every customer conversation count.