Senior Backend Software Engineer, Infrastructure Platform
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
We’re very proud of our customer loyalty and our rapid growth. Concurrent with this growth is the need to scale our platform, expand the surface area of integrations, deliver high-quality and timely features, and generally contend with an increasingly complex technical ecosystem. We’re looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer who will bring creativity and experience to bear as they work collaboratively with a talented team on these opportunities.
Highspot’s Infrastructure Platform crew works with other feature crews and DevOps to provide tools, frameworks, systems, and platforms to enable them to accomplish their goals faster and more efficiently. We aspire to improve the developer experience and drive forward looking initiatives related to platform design and architecture that have impact across teams and organizations at Highspot.
Our ideal candidate understands how to build scalable and reliable infrastructure and platforms; they are a skilled communicator and a “Tech Enthusiast” who enjoys working in an engineering-driven organization; they are self-managed, curious, and resourceful.
Some of the tools we use to build Highspot include Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Apache Solr and Lucene, AWS, Kafka and Kubernetes (but we don’t expect you to be expert in all of those).
What You'll Do
- Develop highly-scalable and reliable infrastructure and platforms that enable other engineering crews to build highly-availability distributed services
- Own or assist with projects related to cloud delivery, developer experience, and job systems; observability, server, testing, and shared frameworks; and shared stores, caches, indexes, and streaming
- Help design and develop tools, frameworks, systems, and platforms that enable developers to do their work efficiently and with quality
- Partner cross-functionally across all of Highspot’s feature engineering crews, as well as with DevOps/Site-Reliability
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Contribute to internal and external technical documentation
- Proficiency in cloud computing, containerization (Kubernetes a plus), and high-scale distributed systems
- An entrepreneurial spirit: you’re agile, creative, resourceful, and tenacious as you solve problems and achieve team and company goals
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- Experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status,
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Highspot is the sales enablement platform that empowers companies to make every customer conversation count.