Principal Backend Software Engineer, Training
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
As a Principal Backend Software Engineer at Highspot, you will work end-to-end across the full SDLC to create brand new product features, improve backend functionality, and develop web services and RESTful APIs. Some of the technologies we use include Ruby, Clojure, MongoDB, Postgres, Apache Solr & Lucene, AWS, and Chef.
What You’ll Do
- Develop new product features and functionality
- Develop RESTful APIs and web services
- Develop highly available distributed services
- Create architecture and design documents
- Partner cross-functionally with UX and Product Management to create the best software possible
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Write clean, reusable, testable REST APIs
- Proficiency in delivering large-scale, highly distributed systems that are designed to be resilient, and easily consumable from a wide array of frontend devices
- Embraces the entrepreneurial spirit, priding yourself on getting things done with a high level of quality
- Comfortable with modern open source technologies and tools
- 10+ years’ experience developing software products, scalable internet software, and applications using a range of software models including object-oriented and functional design patterns
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Highspot is the sales enablement platform that empowers companies to make every customer conversation count.