This job is no longer accepting applications.
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, marketing leaders have deep insights and analytics into the performance and influenced revenue of content, campaigns, and marketing assets. What makes the solution special? It’s loved by sales reps globally, and is the #1 rated sales enablement platform on G2 Crowd.
We are committed to diversity as both a moral and business imperative.
About the Role
Highspot’s accounting team is hiring a Controller to oversee the accounting function end-to-end. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a well-funded company in hyper-growth mode. The role is a hands-on position responsible for driving the improvement of tools, processes, and procedures to allow Highspot to scale. The role is based in Seattle and reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
What You'll Do
- Lead, mentor, and build a best-in-class accounting team prepared for scale
- Oversee and review all aspects of day-to-day accounting operations, including:
- Monthly closes and year-end audits
- Various weekly/monthly reports and analyses
- Accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll
- Monthly reconciliations for all bank, credit card and other balance sheet accounts
- Various state and local excise tax returns and other filings
- Fixed asset, deferred revenue and prepaid schedules
- Maintain accuracy of accounting records, maintain proper internal controls, and ensure compliance with all relevant company policies
- Develop and execute processes in support of the company’s strategic plan
- Liaise with outside CPA’s on all audit and federal & state tax matters
- Working with the CFO, evaluate need for new systems, processes, procedures and controls, and implement as needed
- Assist FP&A team with budget and forecasting processes
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting (minimum) and CPA
- Mix of public and private accounting with progressive increases in responsibility
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP, including financial statement preparation
- Multiple years of management experience
- Ability to excel in a flexible, fast pace work environment and possess the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- History and desire to drive efficiencies and process improvements
- International Accounting exposure
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience implementing systems and tools that support the accounting function
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and team skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Flexible, organized, and detail oriented
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits
Paid parental leave
Flexible work and vacation schedules
Discounted ClassPass membership
2 volunteer days per year
Competitive compensation and stock options
Annual company-wide events
Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision!
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Highspot is the sales enablement platform that empowers companies to make every customer conversation count.