Senior Manager Finance, Research and Development
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
You will join the ASML business insights and control team driving ASML’s business priorities and financial objectives. In this role, you will Act as financial business partner to Head of Development and Engineering and program management group for ASML SD EUV activities. You are expected todrive continuous improvement through initiating and driving changes whichenhance the effectiveness and quality of ASML’s financial andnon-financial objectives. Translate financial data and design reports, analyze data and communicateresults effectively (to all levels of the organization) to supportbusiness decision making.
- Manage full set ofFP&A and general close activities for R&D organization and projectreporting.
- Lead annual planand quarterly financial forecast process by coordinating with all levelsof management to gather, analyze, and project operational trends andprogram priorities.
- Partner with Program Management Organization to manage risks and opportunities andidentify solutions to achieving desired outcomes.
- Generate anddevelop reporting to support improved financial awareness of projectmanagers.
- Assist in thedevelopment of monthly packages to be utilized for financial managementreporting, including variance explanations, forecast updates, scenariobuilding and other analyses.
- Conducts review ofcapital investments for ROI and works with teams to optimize returns.
- Engagesdevelopment team to stay aware of key program changes that impact otheroperational organization and builds necessary alignment.
- Makesrecommendations to management regarding cost savings or profit generatingopportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Establishes andmaintains databases of pertinent information for analysis.
- Analyzes financialinformation to determine present and future financial performance.
- Manages thedevelopment and implementation of processes, procedures, control and/oraction planning for conducting special studies to analyze complexfinancial models or situations.
- Works closely withassigned organizations to develop tools, analysis and metrics that enabletargeted financial performance.
- Provides supportfor month/year end close.
- Supervisesanalyst in execution of job responsibilities.
Education and experience
- Master’s degree Finance / Accounting or MBA preferred.
- 10-12 years relevant experience, in a global organization with strong engineering and technology orientation.
- Experience in ERP and planning systems, preferably SAP.
- Knowledge of Lean practices and process improvement.
- Prior managerial experience desired.
- Prior responsibility for managing engineering operating and capital budgets with responsibility for all aspects of FP&A.
- Value based decision making utilizing NPV or Monte Carlo simulation.
- Experience in a global and matrixed organization.
- Expert level experience in Microsoft suite of applications
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Self-driven, organized, detail-oriented, and experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
- Hands on / getting things done with pro-active drive for improvement.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Strong systems and analytical skills, with ability to convert data to meaningful insights.
- Ability to establish cooperative working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and comfort in ambiguous settings.
- Customer orientation.
- Multi-tasking and ability to prioritize according to changing demands.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.