SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST, ANALYTICS - MARKETING (remote)
Discord is looking for experienced and passionate data scientists to join the Marketing Data Science team! As a member of the Marketing Data Science team, you will help Discord achieve our mission of providing people with a sense of belonging in online communities, by collaborating directly with the teams who design, build, and support Discord. If you're passionate about data, impact, and working on an amazing team, read on!
At Discord, the Marketing Data Science team has lots of exciting opportunities from the ground up! We have a broad scope and collaborate with different stakeholders - Community Marketing, Consumer Marketing, International Markets, Brand Marketing, Revenue Marketing, Growth Partnership, and Revenue Partnership! We provide data-driven marketing insights to: (1) allow creators, admins, and moderators to build, run and even monetize communities. (2) grow new users, engage and retain existing users, and (3) promote monetization features such as Nitro. You will function as a DS Tech Lead in the Community Marketing area, focusing on (1), to help Discord to achieve our mission of providing people with a sense of belonging in online communities!
This Marketing Data Scientist will use data analytics to understand user profiles and server performances, create reports to track core KPIs, identify business opportunities, and influence the strategy of the Community Marketing team. You should be a partner on business, and passionate about breaking down vague problems, building robust analytical solutions, delivering data-driven insights, generating actionable recommendations, and working at hyper-growth stage autonomously.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be a DS Tech Lead in the Community Marketing area, build business domain knowledge, translate ambiguous business problems into deep insights via hands-on analytics, proactively initiative, drive, execute, and socialize analytical projects to shape Community Marketing business direction
- Partner with teams throughout Discord through the full lifecycle of data analytics from ideation and exploratory analysis, to building dashboards and reports, and A/B testing
- Define KPIs and diagnostic metrics that help improve the server & user experience, encapsulating these measures in clean crisp dashboards that provide us with and actionable information
- Use our amazing infrastructure to build custom data sets to monitor novel product features and processes
- Socialize insights, dashboards, and reports with technical and non-technical audiences, soliciting feedback on where to improve
- Promote A/B testing and help groups throughout the company design, analyze A/B tests correctly
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof instrumentation
You'll Thrive in This Role If
- 4+ years of experience autonomously translating ambiguous business problems into deep informative insights through hands-on analytics
- 4+ years of experience building performant dashboards using Tableau, Looker, or similar software - with proficiency in designing clean crisp visualizations
- 4+ years experience writing excellent SQL
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate complicated findings or technical approaches in easy-to-understand ways
- 4+ years of experience in the design, analysis, and interpretation of A/B tests in a large data environment
- A desire to work with amazing, passionate people who care deeply about solve challenging problems to improve Discord
- Last but not least - a collaborative attitude and natural curiosity!
- Passion for Discord or online communities
- Experience collaborating with marketing or sales
- Experience with writing production ETL
- Experience with technical leadership, being the point person for one or more stakeholder groups
- Experience with analytics for social media or international subscription-based online services, including familiarity with concepts such as user segmentation, funnel analysis, cohort analysis, LTV analysis, sentiment analysis, etc
- Experience writing performant code in BigQuery SQL
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO FIND BELONGING.