Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
Working in close collaboration with our software and solutions team you will identify and implement performance differentiators like compilers and libraries for hyperscaler, data center and enterprise software stacks. With a focus on open source development you will also engage with upstream communities like Gnu and LLVM to align with software projects that our customers and partners are dependent on and participate in. You will have an opportunity to engage with key endusers and third parties on enablement and tuning high priority applications and solutions.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in full software application and solution performance measurement, analysis, and improvement
- Translate customer requirements into opportunities for differentiation using our hardware. Work closely with silicon and software performance teams to model and predict leading application performance and areas for optimization
- Engage with leading open platform and open-source software communities to advocate for key architectural enhancements and solution improvements that support our product directions, including implementing changes to native compilers like LLVM or gcc
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 1+ year of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.Preferred Qualifications:
- MS / Ph.D. - Computer Science, Bachelors - Engineering, Bachelors - Information Systems/Security
- Advanced knowledge of Computer Architecture concepts, including high performance server class architectures, weak memory models, code generation, complex software design and server platforms
- Experience with measuring, analyzing, and improving application performance in a server or desktop environment
- Experience with performance improvement by making changes at various levels, such firmware and OS settings, compiler options and implementation, application options, library substitution, language run-time code changes, etc
- Demonstrated experience in presenting performance methodologies, results and recommendations to various stakeholders including hardware engineers, OS engineers, compiler engineers, and management both internally and to customers or partners.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and consistently demonstrates technical leadership to both internal teams and external partners and communities
- Effective in collaboration and communication working with team members remotely and across geographies
- Experience collaborating with partners and customers to model performance priorities and configurations.
- Experience defining and building benchmarking infrastructure for CI of open-source systems software and applications for performance regression
- Experience working in open-source software development for server and infrastructure computing segments.
- Knowledge of and experience with Arm architecture, Arm ISA and Arm based SOC implementations.
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile; frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.