SENIOR PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, NITRO (remote)
With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. We’re building an outstanding product marketing organization to help shape and scale Discord to diverse communities around the world.
Discord was built without selling ads and instead offers premium subscriptions directly to users. Our primary revenue driver today is Nitro, which unlocks premium perks that supercharge the Discord experience, such as higher quality streams, profile customizations, and more. Our goal is to create a premium offering that every Discord user will want, and build a robust multi billion dollar business.
We are looking for a strategic marketer who can help take the Nitro subscription to the next level. You’ll own the end-to-end effort of developing user insights, influencing the product roadmap, and developing a go-to-market plan for product and feature launches - including leading messaging and creative, blog post/PR, website etc. This is a highly cross-functional role partnering closely with Product, UX, Business Development, Data Science, and Engineering teams. You will report to the Group Marketing Lead for Nitro.
What you'll be doing
- Manage an ongoing research agenda and deliver actionable insights that inform marketing decisions and influence product roadmap
- Champion the voice of the customer to define priority features based on consumer needs and market analysis, and partner closely with Product to find untapped opportunities for growth.
- Drive go-to-market strategies - including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, essential messaging, marketing channels, and budgets - across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our customers
- Create marketing plans and core marketing assets including product videos, blog/PR, CRM, and social plans for product launches
- Partner with Product and Data Science teams to report out on goals, measure performance, and identify optimization opportunities
What you should have
- 5+ years in partner marketing or product marketing working closely with marketing, partnerships, or product
- Integrated marketing campaign and go-to-market experience executing campaigns across digital and offline channels
- Works effectively in unstructured environments requiring scrappy or creative approaches. Able to reconcile multiple competing projects and evolving roadmaps
- Highly analytical with ability to tease insights from data
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to work effectively across multiple cross-functional teams, including stakeholders across marketing and partnerships
- Focus on operational excellence
- Experience in SQL and Excel
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $175,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $140,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO FIND BELONGING.