PRODUCT MARKETING MANAGER, PLATFORM (remote)
Discord is growing fast and we’re building an outstanding marketing organization to help shape and scale our product narrative. We’re looking for a product marketer who shares our passion for fun and play and wants to join us in adding enthusiasm to the team as we continue to bring Discord Apps/Bots and Activities to more and more users globally.
You’ll support the launch of new developer and consumer-facing features and updates that increase the ability to customize to make Discord even more awesome. In this role, you’ll partner with other Product Marketers to build the strategic thinking around how to identify key growth opportunities for developers and admins on Discord and help drive a clear position that makes Discord the best place to build and have amazing shared experiences. You will report to the Head of Platform Marketing.
The product marketing team sits at the center of our users, developers and product. Product marketers play an important part in how our company grows and evolves. We’re a passionate, smart, and kind group of people who need more experts to continue inviting developers and consumers to come find out what makes Discord so amazing.
What you'll be doing
- Partner directly with Product and Engineering teams to identify the right experiments to run, data/telemetry to track and analyze, or features to optimize to impact user engagement on Discord
- Support the development of an overarching product narrative in partnership with Senior Product Marketers, Product, Engineering, and Communications teams
- Learn how to build alignment for global launch strategy and rollout, including goal-setting and success metrics
- Create product and feature positioning and communication plans.
- Participate with other Senior Product Marketers to advise, inform and support ongoing product roadmap planning with Product and Engineering teams by delivering user insights, competitive landscape, and risk assessment
- Help establish an owned & operated playbook across the Discord platform to communicate ongoing product changes and updates
- Deliver clear, proactive user education, tools, and support with Product Design, Customer Experience, and Policy teams to maintain positive user sentiment
- Develop marketing campaigns with Community and Creative teams to bring delight to Discord users and partners
What you should have
- You have 2+ years of product marketing experience in tech, preferably with social products, technologies, and platforms
- Experience in using qualitative and quantitative data to build products and stories
- Examples of strong marketing execution and consistency, including supporting and scaling products globally
- Experience with supporting or working directly with research to identify user benefits and consumer truths that lead to actionable insights
- Energized by the idea to work with a diverse group of cross-functional teams toward consensus and decisions
- Experience with marketing games or consumer apps
- Passion for Discord and belief in our mission
- Product development/management or product design experience
- Experience or excitement for the developer audience
- Experience being a moderator or administrator of a Discord community server
- Additional marketing experience in branding, media, partnerships, or communications
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $135,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $108,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO FIND BELONGING.