Virtual Platform Software Staff Engineer
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.Preferred Qualifications:
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in Virtual Platform or Platform Simulation is a MUST requirement.
- Experience with Synopsys, Mentor Graphics and QEMU like simulation environment is highly desired.
- Experience with bringing up operating systems, low level software in simulated environment
- Solid hands-on software design and development experience on complex embedded computing platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of operating systems like QNX, Linux and other RTOSs
- Working knowledge of sensors, peripherals and interfaces e.g., SPI/UART/I2C, PCIe, USB, Ethernet etc.
- Strong programming experience in C/C++ , as well as hands-on experience debugging complex embedded software.
- Experience using industry standard development tools - e.g. tool-chains, IDEs, configuration management etc.
- Ability to contribute to all phases of software development - bring-up, design and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with engineers, partners and customers, and across the different geographical sites and technology domains.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated system software development experience including kernels, device drivers and board-support packages.
- Deep understanding of OS internals scheduler, cache/memory handling, interrupt processing, MMU/SMMU, IPCs, virtualization/hypervisor etc.
- Experience building inter-chip communication stacks using high-speed PCIe switches/interfaces.
- Experience in using debugging tools such as JTAG, Trace32 and oscilloscope/Logical Analyzer.
- Understanding of ARM architecture
- Experience with System performance profiling and optimization
- Experience designing complex fault-tolerant safety systems, and designing in accordance to industry standard specifications (e.g. ISO26262, ASPICE).
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.