WORKPLACE OPERATIONS LEAD
What would an amazing office be without an equally amazing support team? Discord's Workplace team is searching for a Workplace Operations Lead to join us in our mission to provide a delightful, safe, comfortable, and inclusive office environment and experience for Discord employees and visitors at our San Francisco HQ! You will report to our Workplace Operations Manager.
What you'll be doing
- Manage Discord's San Francisco HQ onsite Workplace Operations support team
- Ensure that Reception presents a professional and welcoming experience for Discord visitors and staff
- Oversee inbound/outbound mailroom operations
- Manage office service vendors (snacks and refreshments, meal delivery, janitorial, office supplies, plants, first aid)
- Evolve our office team onsite playbook to better support Discord employees visiting from all over the world
- Respond to workplace support tickets and provide workplace support throughout the office
- Make yourself available for employees to come to with office related requests
- Enforce Discord's Covid-19 Safety Protocols
- Provide a safe, secure, comfortable, and inclusive office environment
What you should have
- 5+ year's experience working in a workplace support role
- 2+ year's experience managing a workplace support team
- Strong background in vendor management
- Experience setting up, managing, and using current office technologies
- Belief that customer service is a noble calling
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Awesome organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- A friendly demeanor. As a Discord ambassador, you'll represent us
- You will need to practice active listening for both visitors and Discord employees
- Empathy and a problem solving mindset
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $109,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $87,200/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-HY1 #LI-Onsite
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO FIND BELONGING.