Senior Director, HR Digital People Systems (Remote)
Qualcomm IncorporatedJob Area:
Human Resources Group, Human Resources Group > Digital People SystemsGeneral Summary:
This leader will set the vision and drive the execution of Qualcomm’s Digital People Systems.
The Senior Director, HR Digital People Systems sets the vision and oversees the execution of Qualcomm’s digital experience within the HR Function, reporting into the Head of People Strategy and Operations. This role oversees a team of HR Digital Practitioners and ensures the delivery of effective cloud solutions to guide critical business decisions.
This leader will ensure our People systems, services, programs and processes work in direct support of Qualcomm’s ambitious business goals and strategic priorities. Upholding our inclusive culture and fostering an enriching work environment for our global and diverse workforce with be a crucial expectation. While leading a team and developing talent, this person will be expected to think strategically about challenges and opportunities and execute tactically as needed.
This leadership position will be remote with occasional travel to San Diego, CA and other locations.
Core responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement an integrated Digital People Systems strategy built on our Human Capital Management System and overall global HR strategy. Enable optimized use of HR systems to deliver processes in easily consumable, scalable ways with both near-term priorities and longer-term initiatives, aligned to current and future business objectives
- Ongoing development of the enterprise-wide Digital People Systems roadmap in the context of HR Strategic priorities and broader Qualcomm business goals
- Partner closely with the Information Technology Organization with regards to technology deployment and management
- Advise and provide oversight over global HR People Services budget and spend
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Define strategy and manage roadmap for the technology stack supporting the People Value Chain including various tool sets, automation, cloud access and integration, and enablement tools
- Develop and drive plan for a digital first people experience across various devices
- Responsible for leading and overseeing end-to-end delivery HR digital projects, including HR technology delivery to embed digital systems, HR IT infrastructures, and processes
- Collaborate with the HR team to understand business needs and advise on digital and improvement initiatives
- Utilize virtual agents to enable employees with ready information
- Create strategy and manage plan for all forms of intelligent automation to complete HR work on behalf of the workforce
- Enable seamless integration of data and actions across the HR ecosystem of vendors
- Amplify the effectiveness of cloud solutions and business processes including cloud configuration, release management, and integration maintenance
- Fuel collaboration, teamwork, and virtual ways of working
- Work in collaboration with People Analytics and Reporting to marry operational data and experience data to provide rich people insights to the business
- Work with digital agencies and software vendors to enable the needs of the HR function
Functional Area Outcomes:
- Enhance employee experience
- Increase Ratio of touchless transactions (no people intervention required)
- Reduce time to resolve complex inquiries
- Deliver exceptional customer experience, resulting in high customer satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise in HR technology and digital solutions
- Extensive expertise in key digital principles, including person centered design, prototyping and agile delivery in a sensitive environment
- Deep knowledge of HCM systems and associated data structures required (Workday preferred)
- Experience working in teams and managing people
- Relationship management experience with customer focus
- Ability to work in highly dynamic environment and respond to operational challenges in a timely manner
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent process and query management skills
- Twelve (12) years of working in an HR or IT function at a technology company or relevant experience, 5 of those years in an HR Technology role
- Five (5) years of leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR, Information Systems/Technology or related field of studyPreferred Qualifications
- Fifteen (15) years of working in an HR or IT functions, 5 of those years in an HR Technology role
- PHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP, SPHR, project management (by PMI), or an equivalent, related professional qualification
- Workday, Tableau, Power BI, SQL, ServiceNOW, AutomationAnywhere
In addition to experience, the successful candidate will have demonstrated competencies in the following areas:
Analytical Skills: The ability to collect information and identify fundamental patterns/trends in data. This includes the ability to gather, integrate, and interpret information from several sources.
Building Trusting Relationships: The ability to build trusting, collaborative relationships and rapport with different types of people and businesses. This includes delivering on commitments and maintaining confidential information, as well as being approachable, showing interest in the other person, and relating well to people regardless of personality or background.
Communication: The ability to convey information clearly and accurately, as well as choosing the most effective method of delivery (e.g., email, phone, face-to-face). This includes using a technically sound communication style both verbally and in writing.
Creating the New and Different: The ability to be creative. This includes the ability to produce breakthrough ideas, being a visionary, managing innovation, seeing multiple futures, having broad interests and knowledge, and gaining support in order to translate new ideas into solutions. This also includes the ability to plan and implement unconventional ideas and speculate about alternative futures without all of the data.
Decision Making: The ability to make quick, accurate decisions. This includes the ability to weigh alternatives and take into account the impact of the decisions on people, equipment, or other resources.
Getting Work Done: The ability to be organized, resourceful, and planful. This includes the ability to leverage multiple resources to get things done and lay out tasks in sufficient detail. This also includes the ability to get things done with fewer resources and in less time, work on multiple tasks at once without losing track, and foresee and plan around obstacles.
Technical Knowledge: Knowledge of program management methodology (e.g., planning, scheduling, tracking, execution). This includes the ability to effectively use program management tools to carry out the program management function.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
$192,000.00 - $288,000.00If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.