SENIOR TRAVEL MANAGER (remote)
Are you passionate about helping friends travel? Is customer service more than just two words to you? Well, read on. Discord is looking for a Senior Travel Manager to help us get our travel program off the ground – literally up, up, and away. You will live Discord's mission of creating belonging by building a corporate travel program from scratch and helping the Discord team be safe and productive when they're working from the road. You will report to the Senior Director, Workplace.
What you'll be doing
- Set up a corporate travel program from scratch
- Promote the travel program to ensure our employees understand travel policies
- Develop travel training programs for all employees
- Help develop travel and meeting training programs for managers
- Help determine the right level of company investment in travel
- Develop new travel programs and policies based on the needs of the new post-Covid, hybrid workforce
- Scale the Travel Department as Discord grows rapidly and our travel spends increase
- Onboard external vendor/partners as the travel program scales
- Develop and continually update travel policy
- Promote program adoption across the organization
- Provide excellent customer service to Discord travelers
- Ensure traveler safety
- Source and implement a relationship with a TMC+OBT partner
- Participate in contract negotiations with travel service providers
- Work with Finance on travel policies and cost control
- Deliver monthly reporting to provide visibility to senior management on spending behaviors
- Develop relationships with other departments, including Admin, People Ops, Finance, FP&A, Security, and Procurement
- Provide strategic guidance as the program grows
- Collect and analyze data for program improvement
- Improve user satisfaction
What you should have
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7+ years experience working in a corporate travel department, or similar experience in the hospitality industry
- 3+ years managing a team
- Strong customer-service focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong training skills
- Thoughts about how corporate travel has changed in the post-Covid world
- Thoughts about how the hybrid workforce has changed corporate travel
- Ability to work in a high-growth tech startup environment
- Experience managing an expanding travel program
- Experience negotiating travel contracts
- Experience with an inexperienced business travel population
- Comfortable with a modern TMC+OBT solution
- Experience and ability to drive 90+% adoption of travel program
- Experience scaling a travel program at a high-growth tech company
- Strong reporting experience with the ability to build complex, customized metrics/analytics and develop recommendations from the data
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $147,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law.
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $117,600/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-HY1 #LI-Hybrid
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO FIND BELONGING.