This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a data engineer with Pie, you will work with our data architect to Pie-oneer our data environment. This individual will be a key member that will work directly with our data architect to define the future state of our data architecture. This role will work in data architecture, data analytics, ETL development, and data reporting.
Success in this position will be establishing how data comes into and flows through the Pie insurance platform. This data will be used to help our organization quote customers based on data on best policy and prices for their workers compensation insurance.
The Right Stuff
- 3-5 years working in data as an engineer. Building data solutions for a company who uses data as a primary part of their business.
- Experience in data warehouse and/or data analytics. Qualified candidates may also come from a strong database skill-set involved in analytics architecture.
- Strong experience in writing complex SQL queries.
- Strong experience in ETL/ELT platforms is strongly preferred.
- Exposure to one major SQL RDBMS or analytics database. (Snowflake, Redshift, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.)
- Big Data and Business Intelligence exposure would help in the success of this role.
Our goal is to make all aspects of working with us as easy as Pie! That includes our offer process. When we have identified talent that is a good fit for Pie, we work hard to present an equitable and fair offer. We look at your knowledge, skills and experience that you bring, along with your compensation expectations and align that with our company equity processes to determine our offer ranges.
We value and want to support our team members, and are proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package which includes the following:
Compensation Range for position: $113,000 - $145,000
Other Benefits: Each year Pie reviews Company performance and may grant discretionary bonuses to eligible team members.
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Getting workers' comp is as easy as pie