SENIOR MACHINE LEARNING ENGINEER - VISUAL SAFETY (remote)
The Safety Machine Learning team develops scalable, state-of-the-art machine learning systems to keep users safe on Discord while respecting user privacy on the platform. We're looking for a highly technical and mission-driven Senior Machine Learning Engineer specializing in image and video understanding to improve understanding of harmful content on Discord. If that sounds exciting to you, read on!
What you'll be doing
- Design and build end-to-end machine learning services that understand image, video and multimodal content
- Develop methodology and benchmarks to evaluate machine learning systems
- Collaborate with stakeholders throughout the company, including leaders in product, data science, and engineering
What you should have
- You have 4+ years of experience as a Machine Learning Engineer
- 4+ years professional experience, or Ph.D in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields
- Experience with languages used for Machine Learning experimentation/implementation such as Python and frameworks like PyTorch and TensorFlow
- Experience developing computer vision algorithms or computer vision infrastructure
- You keep up with the industry trends and continuously identify new tools to use to solve technical problems
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning systems in a cloud computing environment
- Experience with modern data processing stacks
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $186,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $148,800 /year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-AR1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CREATE SPACE FOR EVERYONE TO FIND BELONGING.