Supplies Business – Senior Cloud Software Engineer
The senior cloud software engineering role provides leadership in designing, architecting and managing a new data, analytics, and insights platform to support the HP Supplies forecast and analytics teams. The data platform and analytical tools will be utilized by key partners such as Current Business Management, Future Product Marketing, Strategic Alliance teams, Business Strategy and Executive Planning teams to make critical business decisions. This position is a high value, highly visibility role and will be critical to developing new data-driven decision-making capabilities in the HP supplies organizations.
In addition to the technical responsibilities, this person will work with regional and global business marketing, finance, operations and strategy teams on performance reporting, senior-management initiatives and requests for analysis, both standard and ad-hoc. In addition, the data engineer will collaborate with data scientists and business analysts in the development of new and advanced analytics and backend-system capabilities. An ideal candidate has a very strong database design and development background coupled with strong business acumen for developing, reporting and using business data, data models, and analytics to support the business.
- Leads all stages of design, build, analysis, coding, testing, and integration of structured/unstructured to deploy a new data and analytics platform for forecasting teams, business management, and key partners
- Develops new business intelligence capabilities through sourcing, loading, synthesizing and reporting new metrics and analytics and develop sustainable maintenance processes
- Lead in development of new end-user self-service analysis tools
- Lead in developing and maintaining data pipelines and data transformation
- Assures designs and project activities are in compliance with data policies, architecture, security and quality guidelines and standards
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into organization wide projects and activities in the supplies forecasting space
- Lead maintenance and adaptation of existing tools and reports to support business management processes and performance management
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less experienced staff members
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced data architecture and data modeling experience using relational databases, including MS SQL, AWS RDS Postgres, Aurora, and Redshift
- Extensive experience with data engineering tools, languages, frameworks to mine, cleanse and explore data.
- An ideal candidate will be fluent using Databricks and other cloud-based tools to manage workflows and automation, and ETL processes.
- Extensive experience designing data systems/solutions to manage complex data in complex, distributed and massively parallel systems.
- Evaluating and selecting forms and processes for database architecture testing and methodology, including writing and/or supervision on execution of test plans, debugging, and testing scripts and tools
- Strong coding skills with experience in Python, R, and SQL. Experience with CI/CD and managing code using GHE.
- Strong business acumen
- Knowledge of HP financial systems, market and geographical segmentation a plus
- Knowledge of Print market and HP’s printer business a plus
- Experience and or understanding of BI application development using MS Power BI or Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas at all levels of the organization
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functionally and across organizations and regions
- Demonstrated teamwork skills
- Results driven and self-motivated
Education & Experience
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems, or related fields
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years database design, system architecture, and data modeling
- Experience preparing presentations for and presenting to senior management
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you. So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it’s just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive!
Your application has been successfully submitted.