Senior Director, Design Operations (remote)
The DesignOps team at Slack is responsible for a mix of managing the design team’s business operations, ensuring design excellence, and helping shape and drive the design team’s culture, craft, and priorities.
This role will partner closely with the SVP of Product design as well as work cross-functional members of our product teams such as design managers, product managers, designers, engineers, and business leaders. This person will manage a team of design program managers that work on product design teams and on centralized design initiatives. They will also manage the process and prioritization to align the delivery of high-quality design work to the most important product areas, as well as support a healthy team culture across people, programs, and tools
This is a remote-friendly position within the US and Canada. This role reports to the SVP of Product Design at Slack.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruit, retain, and manage design program managers
- Set expectations and maintain high standards of quality of the work for the team; inspire excellence and encourage craftsmanship
- Help teammates identify connections and potential collisions between different products, features and platforms and reconcile these
- Bring a design voice to the conversation and build trust between the design team and other functions
- Establish trust and build confidence with cross-functional partners
- Manage the design team recruiting process
- Enable the design teams to scale and create great product and internal programs
- Prioritize work to maximize impact on the business and the user experience
- Identify and implement improvements for central programs such as, design onboarding, our external brand/presence, and L&D programs
- Identify and implement improvements for product design programs such as design audits and effective user research practices.
What you should have:
- 10+ years of experience in design/design operations
- 4+ years as a people manager
- Experience directing and guiding teams through the entire product lifestyle
- Strong understanding of design and the different crafts that are part of the design family
- Strong understanding of the functions adjacent to design that support the product development lifecycle eg: research, product management, engineering, data science.
- Experience building out Design Operations teams
- Ability to influence across the organization.
- Strong understanding of different facets and types of programs that make up Design Operations
So, if you’re passionate about design and product, thrive when building trusting, collaborative partnerships, geek out on process, and have fun doing it… we have a job for you!
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make software to bring companies and customers together