Engagement Director (Marketing Cloud) (remote)
The Engagement Director plays a critical role in setting our Top Tier Financial Services clients up for success by prescriptively shaping and then leading the execution of large and transformational engagements at our most strategic customers. The Engagement Director serves as a trusted advisor to Salesforce customers, providing guidance to Sales & Professional Services teams, ensuring alignment across each customer’s projects, and ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction. They are Salesforce Marketing Cloud delivery experts who are accountable for ensuring customer success, business value and leading the Salesforce Services team assigned to their account(s) to deliver the expected outcomes of the engagement and are internally and externally recognized as a business contributor, industry and product specialist. Partnering closely with Client Partners and Account Partners, the Engagement Director leads both pre and post-sales activities, acting as the delivery expert across the portfolio of products, marketing business process and engaging other SMEs across the organization to develop and articulate comprehensive implementation proposals.
The Engagement Director will then maintain the executive relationships and act as an escalation point within these engagements in a billable capacity, ensuring tight stakeholder alignment, offering proactive and prescriptive advice resulting in outstanding Customer Success. This may include the following:
- Pre-Sales alignment
- Project kickoff
- Managing portfolio of projects & accounts
- Bringing industry expertise and perspective
- Drive better outcomes through extensive platform expertise
- Deep understanding of Salesforce solutions
- Engagement planning and alignment to customer objectives
- Regular customer sponsor check-ins
- Services Renewal management
- Executive Relationship building
- Deliver high client satisfaction (CSAT) by consistently meeting/exceeding goals and metrics
- Ensure business value is realized (directly and indirectly) for each customer engagement that concludes with fully satisfied clients that are willing to be referenced for new potential clients
- Bring best practices to each engagement through your deep platform expertise by providing the Professional Services team with Subject Matter Expertise related to the proposed solution and client needs in order to ensure successful project delivery
- Positively impact client Services renewals (when applicable) by aligning customer success with professional services roadmap
- Align closely with Account and Services Sales team by leading pre-sales activities such as the development of client-specific proposals, SOWs, staffing plans, engaging with SMEs across the organization to gain consensus on an acceptable proposal
- Where appropriate and required for Customer Success, providing direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the engagement, acting as the escalation point for both the customer and Salesforce delivery teams
- Recognized as a valuable and trusted advisor by our customers and other members of Salesforce and continue to build a reputation for excellence in professional services Inspire people to do the best work of their careers, being a multiplier, amplifying the knowledge and capability of the people around you while continuing to provide an inclusive workplace as one of Best Places to Work
- Partner with the Go-to-Market Team (Services Sellers) to drive continued growth of services Proactively mitigate and manage critical escalations and at-risk accounts; communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external leaders and executives
- Ensure delivery of targeted margin percentages and project / program profitability
The ideal candidate will have:
- A successful track record of working effectively in a highly matrixed and fast-growing organization
- A passion and belief in the unique value of professional services in a cloud software company
- A deep understanding of the Financial Services industry and digital transformation, especially with large national and international Banks and Financial Services organizations
- The proven ability to develop customer relationships, understand their businesses, and develop a shared vision for accelerating their business success with Salesforce
- The ability to mobilize and inspire a diverse and geographically dispersed professional services team to drive successful business outcomes for the customer
- The capability to recognize complicated customer and internal relationships and navigate win/win outcomes for multiple stakeholders
- Experience in developing and executing project governance methodologies
- Demonstrated success engaging at CxO level and representing on Project Steering Committee Executive Boards
Must Have Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of direct experience delivering and/or overseeing solutions on the Salesforce Platform, including delivery experience with Marketing Cloud and Digital Marketing products
- 10+ years of experience delivering consulting services, including team leadership and active involvement in selling professional services, including Advisory engagements within a top tier management consulting company
- 5+ years of relevant Financial Services industry experience
- 5+ years of Digital Marketing experience in the Financial Services industry
Preferred Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience operating in a pre-sale’s environment, shaping and scoping large and complex implementation projects
- 5+ years of enterprise-level project or program management experience
- Salesforce Application and/or System Architect certifications
- Demonstrated technical and/or functional aptitude, and ability to engage with architects or SMEs into pre-sales activities
- Extremely strong written and verbal communication skills, executive level presence and experience in working in a client advisory role
- Demonstrated ability to influence a group audience, facilitate solutioning and lead discussions such as implementation methodology, road-mapping, Enterprise Transformation strategy, and executive-level requirement gathering sessions
- Excellent strategy development and problem-solving skills as well as business development focus and experience (e.g., relative to new products, services, and go-to-market approaches), while possessing a broad level of technical understanding and substantial operational and financial acumen
- Delivery focused: Previous experience managing professional service delivery for a software company (SaaS preferred)
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships across multiple functions/levels; adept at mediating conflict and fostering healthy dialogue
- Understands cloud-based technologies; translates customer/business requirements into business solutions (and successfully positions with customers)
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- Ability to travel; up to 25%
For Colorado-based roles: Minimum annual salary of $130,700. You may also be offered a bonus, restricted stock units, and benefits. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: https://www.salesforcebenefits.com/
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make software to bring companies and customers together