Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for detailed and results-oriented teammates to join our innovative Gov Cloud Support team! These positions are for individuals who are highly motivated, self-directed and have a desire to work on the #1 cloud-based platform. You must possess excellent analytical skills and have the passion to deliver outstanding support. The Global Support work environment is highly customer-focused and fast-paced, operating globally to provide 24/7/365 technical support.
The ideal candidates are great teammates, enjoy working hard, exhibits integrity, are dedicated to going above and beyond, have excellent problem-solving skills, and are able to learn new technologies quickly.
In your role as Technical Support Engineer, you are the first point of contact for customers experiencing technical challenges. And while our focus is always on the customer, we also continuously give back to our community through the generous Salesforce Volunteer Time Off (VTO) benefit.
This candidate must be a U.S. citizen (U.S. born or naturalized) who does not hold dual citizenship and agrees to complete a U.S. federal government Minimum Background Investigation (MBI) for a Moderate Public Trust position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting customers in troubleshooting their custom code, integration, and implementation of Salesforce products. This involves debugging and ensuring issues are fully resolved.
- Crafting and maintaining technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality.
- Demonstrating outstanding analytical and problem-solving expertise.
- Handling customer expectations and the customer experience to improve customer happiness.
- Actively maintaining and participating in job-related training activities.
- Demonstrating the ability to research, document, and prioritize customer issues, using internal tools and escalation teams as vital, as well as prioritizing and managing time effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Multitasking and performing effectively under pressure.
- Be a part of and participate in a weekend On-Call rotation.
- Typical working hours are 8am-5pm EST
- Degree or equivalent relevant experience required. Experience will be evaluated based on the core competencies for the role (e.g. extracurricular leadership roles, military experience, volunteer roles, work experience, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in a support engineer and/or developer role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Clear comprehension of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Read, develop, and debug software with Java, C# or at least one modern object-oriented language
- Experience with reading/writing HTML and CSS
- Experience with Database concepts, Data management (RDBMS), and SQL
- Experience with developing Applications using SOAP and REST API's
- Experience with CLI (UNIX/LINUX)
- Experience with Salesforce and/or CRM applications and other cloud-based technologies
- Demonstrated skill in Customer Support or Customer Service in a customer-facing role
- Understanding of Internet technologies: firewalls, web servers, proxy servers, etc.
- Salesforce Certifications: Salesforce Administrator, Salesforce App Builder, Salesforce Platform Developer I
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce, Inc. and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce, Inc. or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We make software to bring companies and customers together