Assistant General Counsel
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Pie is an incredibly collaborative team with constant communication. You will work across teams and collaborate with stakeholders and team members. Great communication and coordination skills are key to your success. The Assistant General Counsel will need to establish strong relationships with teams and leaders across various departments and varying levels of compliance understanding. Strong relationship building will be a part of this position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities identified below and perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, either with or without reasonable accommodation. The below is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities, or requirements.
Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Development and planning of additional small business commercial insurance products, including assisting in policy document creation.
- Connecting with team leaders and providing guidance, direction, and oversight on specific needs to move processes forward.
- Provide practical and constructive legal advice in a time-sensitive, dynamic, and fast-paced complex environment.
- Negotiate and communicate with teams and provide guidance that is easily understood by all levels of teams.
- Builds relationships across functions and sites and inspires trust and confidence through effective communication and interpersonal skills with both internal and external parties.
Oversight of Team Members and Department Responsibilities
- The position has oversight of employees/team members who may be performing the same or directly-related work as those the position leads.
- Depending on experience, the position supervises or manages the work of at least two full-time employees or the equivalent.
- The position includes decisions or recommendations regarding personnel actions such as hiring, disciplinary action, overtime, changes in pay and terminations.
The Right Stuff
- 10+ years of experience in the insurance industry focusing on regulatory and product development
- Proven skills for managing team members in various tasks which can include, work projects, task force assignments, supervisory responsibilities and direct management
- You will have a law degree from an ABA accredited law school, and hold an active license in at least one U.S. state and be able to obtain an active law license in the District of Columbia or Colorado based on work location
- Strong comprehension abilities
- Exhibit strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrates sound judgment, and best practices in legal compliance guidance
- Knowledgeable in legal matters and can provide practical and constructive legal advice
- The ability to work quickly, respond to needs and assist leaders in a fast-paced complex environment
- Strong negotiation and communication and interpersonal skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to communicate legal issues in a clear and understandable manner
- Ability to build relationships across functions and sites
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Paid sick leave
- Pie is focused on our team member’s future, by providing 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Getting workers' comp is as easy as pie