SAP Platform & Technology Customer Engagement Expert (P&T CEE)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The focus of this position is to drive the adoption and consumption of our clients and ultimately secure our renewals business for SAP Platform & Technologies (P&T) Cloud Products for a defined set of customers. Since P&T Cloud materials are subscription services with contracts that auto-renew, the primary task is to ensure that customers are successful with their adoption of SAP Platform, Databases, Data Management and Analytics Cloud Products so that we can avoid contract terminations and grow contract values
Job Mission and Purpose
To increase customer satisfaction, retention, renewals, references, and upsells for P&T customers by building strong relationships with key customer stakeholders and helping customers maximize the value of their partnership with SAP.
CEE is responsible for the day-to-day customer engagement from signature onwards, particularly product onboarding, use-case identification, project initiation, architecture and governance coaching, project companionship, post-launch relationship management, renewal negotiations.
Besides that, the CEE is expected to serve as the primary point of contact for the customer and to maintain customer satisfaction through issue mitigation and escalation management.
Additionally, the CEE maintains a close working relationship with other colleagues and customer-facing personnel necessary to support assigned accounts (e.g. AEs, GAD, Support, Deals Desk, CRE (if applicable), etc.
Targets / KPIs
The business value of the CEE function is measured based on achieving targets associated with an increase of Product Consumption, number and amount of customer contract renewals, generation of referenceable customers, customer satisfaction (NPS), upsell revenue generated from existing customer accounts, etc.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
Drive Value Realization
- Proactively engages customers post-sale to ensure they get maximum value from SAP P&T Cloud Solutions; facilitates customer engagement and adoption by becoming the technical trusted advisor “Cloud Solution Architect” utilizing workshops, best practices, VIP webinars, thought leadership, etc. as engagement methods.
- Strategic thinker, professional in consultative Selling with a proven track record in leading virtual teams to successfully deliver on planned outcomes.
Enterprise & Solution Architecture
- Architecture led Engagement
- Provide customers “To-Be” State -Architecture led engagements and POC led engagements
- Identify White spaces improving the business process with Technology
- Drive innovation and have an understanding of Innovation framework
- Drive Re-platforming discussions with Customers
- Structured approach including an overview, problem statement, as is landscape, to be landscape, demo, roadmap
- Understand competing products and impact on customer landscapes
Build Account Relationships
- Develops trusting and deep relationship with multiple stakeholders, by establishing a regular cadence of interactions in high- or low-touch engagement mode (e.g., email, regular calls, Customer Relationship Reviews, etc.);
- Maintains log of interactions, Customer Risk and Health score, Account Plans, etc. in Totango and related solutions
- Advocates for and becomes the voice of the customer within SAP; understands competitive threats and utilizes proper escalation channels to help customers during times of need.
- Improve customer satisfaction over baseline as defined by Net Promoter metrics and generate the maximum number of reference customers
Manage customer renewal, including full execution of the entire opportunity-to-win cycle (including CRM, pricing, rev rec, legal, forecasting, etc.)
- Create and maintain a rolling four-quarter view of territory:
- Analyze data on usage, surveys and all other forms of feedback to form the comprehensive point of view on clients/territory
- Report on health & propensity to renew
- Works closely with administration and renewals (Cloud Renewals Center) to ensure renewal forecasts are executed on-time
- Drives customer references; pushes for reference stories across accounts
- Establishes success metrics agreed with the customer and documented in Executive Summary reports; tracks and addresses reference blockers for each account
Effective Communication Management
- Know how to get things done through formal channels and informal networks
- Engage client early to understand the big picture, proactively position value and assist with escalations or critical situations management
- Promotes customer community by driving participation in customer events (VIP sessions, Reference Program, etc.)
- Works with marketing to ensure customer groups meetings take place frequently in the territory and are communicated to customers
- Identify upsell potential: Give sales information about the potential opportunity for license sales
- Identify cross-sell potential: Give sales information about the potential opportunity to sell other products
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
New CEE team members are especially required to have technical Cloud Architectures experience and can guide customers from technical hands-on level to architecture, to strategy as full-stack experts. We expect T-Shape technical skill – broad Level 2 type of Cloud Architecture Generalist skill + Level 4 type of In-depth skill in one or more specific areas.
Experience with cloud solutions, preferably SAP Cloud Platform, HANA Databases (Cloud), Analytics Cloud Solutions
- Capable to understand, explain and draft Cloud Architectures
- Solution understanding of one or more SAP P&T Solutions:
- Professional knowledge in SAP P&T on-premises Portfolio, e.g. HANA Databases, Data Warehouse, etc. and/or
- Professional knowledge in P&T Cloud Solution portfolio: SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Databases, Data Warehouse Cloud, Analytics Cloud Solutions and/or
- Professional knowledge of the similar type of Hyperscaler PaaS Solutions (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, etc.)
Terms such as Cloud Orchestration, Kubernetes, Internal Telemetry, Vault, DevOps, Docker, microservice architecture, JaaS (Jenkins as a Service) and CI/CD processes for cloud development should be known to you. ---
- Excellent communication (oral and written), presentation, program management, and organizational skills.
- Fluent in English language, additional languages are a benefit
- Ability to work effectively in a complex matrix and global environment.
- Ability to develop, lead, and work effectively in virtual teams.
- Proven effectiveness in building and scaling operational processes.
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed deadlines and a track record of achieving personal targets.
- Willingness to travel (up to 60% travel) and the ability to adapt for unique business and cultural practices of each region/country.
- A self-starter, with energy and drive and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Business knowledge of the PaaS markets, including deep knowledge of the offerings in the market today.
- Competitive knowledge of PaaS solutions, such as Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, and force.com.
- Solution understanding of one or more SAP SaaS solution(s) in the area of SuccessFactors, CX, Ariba or SAP Business Suite/ S4HANA or
- Experienced in Commercial Negotiations and Contracting situations
- Consulting / Project Management skills.
- Demonstrated background in solving issues of scale with out-of-the-box thinking.
10+ years of experience working in the IT Industry (Software Engineering, Development Management, Project / Product Management, Pre-sales, Customer Engagement, Customer Success, Preferred Care, Consulting, etc.), of which
5+ years with exposure to external clients (or project experience), either within an SAP cloud solution and/or industry-based Solutions.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Additional Locations: Virtual - Canada
Job Segment: Engineer, ERP, SAP, Consulting, Developer, Engineering, Technology
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Help the world run better and improve people’s lives.