C++ Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
RockMass is a seed-stage start-up providing streamlined digital solutions for the mine of the future. We have a talented and diverse team working together to solve challenging problems. We are team players who value transparency and thrive on the hard work others put in around us.
We’re building the future of data capture for underground environments. We’re continuously inventing new capabilities for our vertical-stack solution in an industry ripe for change. Our product is a handheld data collection tool that enables engineers to capture real-time numerical data. We combine our proprietary algorithm with the same sensors found in autonomous cars assembled in a rugged casing.
You will be responsible for the software development aspects for RockMass. Major objectives include working with company’s database framework and algorithms to produce new software features for end users. You will also be responsible for helping design and maintain the backend software architecture.
Experience building the software behind Linux-based hardware products is an added benefit. You will be working directly with our software and hardware engineering team and will be brought into product-based decisions and discussions.
You enjoy facing difficult challenges, you are a quick learner and resourceful, and have worked in startups or small companies before. You’ve written modern C++ with STL and core principles such as RAII. You’re detail oriented, organized, a team player at heart and strongly value communication and transparency. You are naturally curious and motivated by the hard work others put in around you. Having worked in an environment using agile development methods is an added benefit.
As a Software Engineer with RockMass you will help with all development for the core software functionality for RockMass’ products. Within one year of working at RockMass you can expect to have accomplished:
- Launched new software features onto RockMass’s next hardware release
- Working on developing additional backend capabilities for RockMass’s device ecosystem
- Created novel geological applications from dense point cloud and image data
- Improved the efficiency of processing LiDAR and other sensor data
- Bachelor of Software Engineering, Computer Scienceor other related fields
- Work experience focused on developing new features on embedded products
- Must have experience working in a startup environment or small team
Skills and Experience
- Over 2 years of experience writing modern templated C++
- Over 2 years of experience developing for embedded systems
- Over 1 year of experience handling computer vision libraries such as Eigen or PCL
- Over 1 year of experience with ROS
Nice to have
- Experience with C and Python
- Strong understanding of Linux systems, utilities, and libraries
- Knowledge of State Estimation, Computer Vision, and Image Processing
- Experience with Docker, Shell Scripting, CMake
- Experience integrating custom software systems with specialized hardware
- Full-time position which includes employee benefits and options
- Amazing learning environment within a collaborative, diverse, and fun team
- Flexible working hours (our core hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm) and flexible remote working
- Monthly socials (even while we are remote!)
- Option to take at least 1 long weekend every month (we care about work-life balance)
- Office (when we return) is near St. Lawrence market within a small office building
At RockMass we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and hire the best talent regardless of gender, national origin, disability, or race. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons, RockMass will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to all applicants. Please leave a note in the “Additional Information” section of the application to make any accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided
Your application has been successfully submitted.