This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Accounting Manager will be the right-hand person of the Assistant Controller, either managing or supporting all aspects of finance and administration. The Accounting Manager’s first responsibility will be to continue maintain the growth the accounting function and team to support DispatchHealth as it moves from early-stage company to a mid-stage growth company. Specific tasks will include:
- Responsible for timely, accurate and efficient monthly accounting close;
- Manages accounting functions on a day-to-day basis including accounts receivable, accounts payable, treasury management, procurement and general ledger accounting;
- Manages cash; monitors daily balances, receipts and disbursements; prepares rolling cash flow forecasts;
- Enhances accounting department use of software and integrates software into accounting processes and procedures;
- Performs technical accounting issue research and resolution as necessary;
- Financial Reporting
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, including consolidation of multiple entities;
- Supervises the preparation of the monthly management financial reporting package, including variance analysis;
- Assists with the annual financial audit process performed by our independent CPA firm.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Internal Controls
- Assists with the development, documentation, and implementation of internal controls;
- Develops, maintains and enhances accounting and finance policies, processes and procedures to comply with US GAAP;
- Seeks opportunities to revise or create new policies and procedures to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the accounting group;
- Leads or assists with various accounting process improvement initiatives
- Helps establish and implement short and long-range accounting department goals, objectives, policies and procedures;
- Works with the Assistant Controller to ensure adequate and appropriate insurance coverage;
- Manages projects and initiatives as assigned.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, accounting, or similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience in public accounting, ideally at a national firm
- A CPA certification - Required
- Experience as a Senior or Accounting Manager in similarly-sized business in a fast-pace growth environment
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment with multiple projects to manage.
- Proven skill in building and motivating teams
- Experience in a multi-site operation
- Experience in an early-stage venture-backed environment.
- Experience with an insurance-reimbursed healthcare provider
Your application has been successfully submitted.