Senior Product Designer, Internal Tools
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing fintechs with over 2 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
About the Role:
Current is looking for a talented Product Designer to help oversee design of our internal web-based application tools. You would be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to design and developer hand-off. You should have a strong understanding of responsive design, feature hierarchy, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes, through to high-fidelity prototypes, visual design, asset production and developer handoff.
- Iterate on existing designs to consistently improve the user experiences and prioritize features
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers on the Internal Tools team to launch features which impact the team’s KPIs
- Execute in a fast-paced and fluid startup environment
- You understand best practices for product design on web, and have experience working within responsive grid structures
- You have experience working closely and collaboratively with front-end web developers
- You have learned by experience that no design survives user testing untouched, and you thrive in iterating from user feedback
- You understand the platform and aggressively stay on top of the latest web standards
- You love working in teams and work great under pressure to ship products that you are proud of
- 4+ years of experience designing and shipping web-based products and tools (we are willing to accommodate a wide range of experience levels.)
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and user experience design in similar products
- Ability to clearly articulate your reasoning behind design decisions and translate product requirements into easy to use features
- Experience working closely with engineers, including communication, understanding platform limitations, and asset production
- Ability to empathize with a wide range of users, often different from yourself, to understand what they need..
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary bonus program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Medical, Dental and Vision premiums covered at 100% for you and your dependents.
- Commuter Benefits
Learn more about how our design team solves problems: https://medium.com/current-design/unique-solutions-for-unique-lives-f112f35aaec1
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for modern life. Get paid up to 2 days faster 💸 | Free overdraft 🎉 | No hidden fees or minimums 🚫 |