Data Scientist - Product
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Current is a leading U.S. challenger bank serving people who have been overlooked by traditional banks and one of the fastest growing fintechs with over 2 million members. Headquartered in NYC, our results-driven environment enables us to build better products, grow faster and empowers everyone on our team to have an impact on our business and our mission to improve financial outcomes for our members.
About the Role:
At Current, data is at the core of everything we do. As a Data Scientist you will work closely with the Product team both at a high level to understand and analyze the health of company KPIs, as well as at the ground level investigating past, current, and future features and initiatives.
- Conduct in-depth analyses to improve product growth, engagement, retention and revenue.
- Help drive a more robust product strategy through detailed predictive modeling and market analysis.
- Track and analyze member behavior to provide insights that help align marketing, product, customer success and finance.
- Provide data-driven recommendations to maintain and improve team KPIs
- Present performance, engagement insights and recommendations to the whole company.
- Develop data roadmaps for Product; collaborate with BI and Engineering groups to define and build new data infrastructure.
- Love numbers - you feel most comfortable with a variety of datasets that require a deep dive.
- Creative problem solver - able to identify real obstacles and present viable solutions.
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty - you are willing to do whatever is necessary to ensure success.
- Outcome oriented, not reactionary - you can articulate a desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Highly technical - your SQL skills are the envy of all your friends.
- Communicative - you enjoy sharing your work and nerding out over it
- Bachelor's degree in CS, Statistics, Business, Economics, or related field.
- 4 years as an individual contributor performing quantitative analysis, preferably for an internet or technology company.
- Ability to write and execute complex SQL queries, with other scripting languages a plus (Python, R).
- Experience building and using customer lifetime value models to make data-driven business decisions.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and collaboration skills.
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and the ability to rapidly understand the business and its drivers.
- Ability to handle conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for modern life. Get paid up to 2 days faster 💸 | Free overdraft 🎉 | No hidden fees or minimums 🚫 |