This job is no longer accepting applications.
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 900,000+ learners have taken more than over 6.5M class hours. We've more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 118 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $130M since founding with most of that still in the bank. With sales of over $100M in 2020, more than 10x growth over 2019. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative edtech company in the world and in the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise have become central to many more families, teachers, and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact, so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
We’re seeking an experienced Product Manager to help Outschool grow and reach more learners. You’ll be joining a group of several other Product Managers, and will lead one of our product pods. You will help drive the vision, strategy, and roadmap for your part of the product. The right candidate will have a strong track record of delivering engaging products in a startup or growth-stage environment. You’ll be able to operate independently with your team to deliver great products, while also helping to level up the Product team as a whole. You may be a senior leader looking to get hands-on again at an earlier stage company, or you may be an early-stage specialist looking for an inspiring mission where you can have more impact.
- Lead a cross-functional product pod that includes engineers, a user researcher, and a designer
- Define and communicate a product strategy and roadmap for your pod
- Own product execution, working closely with engineering and design to ensure fast, high-quality implementation and iteration
- Drive KPIs and metrics for your product area
- Lead your pod and the larger team to improve customer experience
- Help improve product processes
- Bring others in by inspiring and enlisting the whole company to better explore solutions to problems
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 5+ years of product management experience at 2 or more companies
- Track record of delivering major product initiatives at consumer web companies, working with senior engineers and designers
- Experience across the full product lifecycle from ideation, planning and exploration through implementation, release and iteration
- Experience defining product processes and leading product teams in a high-growth startup environment
- Business acumen to define a product strategy that balances business and user experience goals
- Resourcefulness and creative ability to come up with novel solutions. Great interpersonal skills that allow you to shine when you’re talking with a customer or leading a cross-functional meeting
- Strong quantitative skills that let you define and analyze experiments and answer your own questions using SQL
- Domain experience with marketplace products and/or K-12 education
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where Kids Love Learning!