Trust & Safety Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 900,000+ learners have taken more than over 6.5M class hours. We've more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 118 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $130M since founding with most of that still in the bank. With sales of over $100M in 2020, more than 10x growth over 2019. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative edtech company in the world and in the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise have become central to many more families, teachers, and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact, so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
As Outschool’s Trust and Safety Associate, you will be on the front lines making sure that our community marketplace is safe and trusted. You will investigate trust and safety incidents that arise on our platform, as well as handle complex social-emotional issues that emerge during classes. You will help identify, monitor, and prevent bad actors from using Outschool. You will also help shape processes related to privacy, marketplace risk, and other safety-related issues as we scale. Your detail-oriented habits mean you leave no stone unturned. You are tenacious when it comes to meeting your goals and supporting your team, and you are able to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment. You care about keeping kids safe and have demonstrated this commitment in either your prior work or interests.
- Resolve individual trust and safety cases, primarily through email but sometimes over the phone
- Work cross-functionally on projects encompassing safety during classes, removing bad actors, preventing fraud, and more
- Use various tools to review and moderate user-generated content on Outschool’s platform
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 1 + years experience in either trust and safety or operations, ideally at an Ed Tech company or kid-focused company, where the scope of the role involved the daily resolution of incidents related to school-aged children, teachers, and parents
- Known for having a superb bedside manner, excellent judgment, and an incredible work ethic
- Proven ability to collaborate with stakeholders across multiple functional areas
- Experience with Intercom or other ticketing systems
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities
- Availability to work weekends
- User-generated content moderation experience
- Desired: Fluent in Spanish
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where Kids Love Learning!