Technical Support Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Outschool's mission is to inspire kids to love learning. We believe the best way to do that is by linking learning to kids’ interests, connecting them with others who share those interests, and giving them the autonomy to pick their own path. We provide small group classes that meet over live video chat where learners are connected with teachers and classmates who share their interests. These classes are offered through our marketplace and conducted on our remote learning platform.
Our business is growing explosively and as of August, 900,000+ learners have taken more than over 6.5M class hours. We've more than quadrupled our team since the beginning of 2020 from 25 to 118 to keep up with growth. We’ve raised $130M since founding with most of that still in the bank. With sales of over $100M in 2020, more than 10x growth over 2019. We’ve also been named Fast Company’s most innovative edtech company in the world and in the top ten best startups for women from Elpha.
We're an experienced team with past accomplishments at Airbnb, Square, Apple, Uber, Udemy, Amazon, Google, and many startups. We came together because we wanted to make a difference in education and saw the opportunity to empower learners, teachers, and parents.
Now, in the face of mass school closures, our product and expertise have become central to many more families, teachers, and organizations than ever before. We're committed to access and impact, so we founded outschool.org to offer financial assistance to families in need.
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join the team and provide escalation support for technical issues on the Outschool platform and third-party integrations. The Technical Support Specialist will provide outstanding customer service, investigate technical issues, and handoff technical dilemmas to our Engineering team. You will also collaborate with the CX Escalations, Product Management, and Engineering teams while being a trusted partner and advocate for the resolution of customer’s technical issues and concerns. In essence, you’re motivated to make our customers happy, solve technical problems, empower your team, and finally, you’re passionate about Outschool’s mission. This position will have an on-going work schedule from Sunday to Thursday.
- Ensure delivery of exceptional customer service for technical issues
- Investigate and resolve all technical issues appropriately, whether that be providing feedback on user errors or improving our front line agents’ ability to assist customers with technical problems
- Collaborate with Product and Development teams to understand key components of the platform and third-party integrations and document them
- Investigate, document, and prioritize bugs for our Engineering team
- Develop and implement procedures to ensure high productivity, efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Develop, track, and communicate the metrics to drive team performance and enable remarkable decision-making for the Product and Engineering teams
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 2+ years of customer-facing technical support for a software company
- Strong working knowledge of browser development tools and API troubleshooting experience
- Technical proficiency in SQL and relational databases (eg, MySQL, Postgres), and experience aiding investigations
- Strong technical understanding of product architecture and features, and the ability to explain them to a non-technical audience
- Unique abilities and passions for problem-solving, unraveling complex technical issues, and creating an incredible user experience
- Start-up experience during high growth period
- Passion for Outschool’s mission
- Shared Financial Success: Competitive salaries, stock options, and a 401k that makes saving for retirement easier.
- Health and Wellness: Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance coverage options for employees and their families. Our medical benefits include fertility and family planning coverage. We also provide employees with online access to coaching and therapy sessions through our partner, ModernHealth.
- PTO and Family Benefits: PTO and family leave enable our team to take the time that we need to recharge, relax, and spend time with family and friends.
- Remote First: With over 50% of our team distributed across the US and Canada, we create a remote culture through expensable weekly meals, virtual events, expensable home office setup, and internet allowance.
- Lifelong Learners: Annual budgets to self-direct our professional development as well as DEI learning. There’s also a budget for employees’ learners to take classes on Outschool!
- Community Impact: Outschool matches employee donations to established 501c3s, and has committed to donating $3M to Outschool.org non-profit programs.
Outschool is an equal opportunity employer. We view diversity as a moral imperative and a competitive advantage. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and experience.
Outschool is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and applicants with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Must be a citizen or legal resident of the U.S. or Canada and reside in U.S. or Canada.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Where Kids Love Learning!