Cloud Support Engineer Job
Montreal, QC, Canada
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Our Level 1 teams provide 24x7 support across various locations. We share a ‘customer first’ attitude and care for business continuity of our customers running mission critical business processes utilizing our Cloud Solutions.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
As a Support Expert/Engineer your primary responsibilities will be to
• Provide operational support for SAP Customer Experience customers via phone, chat and tickets
• Monitor system availability and Independently troubleshoot, resolve, validate and document known error and recommended actions
• Resolve known errors by means of SAP Notes, Knowledge Base Articles, solved customer incidents, documentation,
• Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
• Achieve a high level of customer satisfaction through individual case work
• Participate in weekend support activities
• Provide extended shift coverage where required
• On call availability where required
You will also contribute to the improvements of the organization by
• Reporting of errors to our SMEs and L2/L3 teams
• Participating in our Problem Management by finding ways of reducing incidents (e.g. creation of Knowledge Base Articles and notes to deflect customer tickets)
• Drive creation of Knowledge in area of expertise.
• Proactive initiatives improving team's performance and efficiency
• Learn new technologies and keep up to date with latest development in the industry and help junior team members build knowledge and expertise
If you are interested in software engineering based on cutting-edge technology, you will find an inspiring and professional environment for your learning and growth. We emphasize teamwork and a trust-based working model. Collaboration with other teams in an international environment will be a regular part of your work.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
Experience in at least one of the following areas and good knowledge for the rest:
• Azure platform fundamentals knowledge
• High availability, scalability, elasticity, agility, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
• Experienced in usage of tools like Zabbix, Splunk, F5, Rundeck, Dynatrace.
• Application deployment and software lifecycle management
• Compute such as Virtual Machines, Virtual Machine Scale Sets, App Service Functions, Azure Container Instances (ACI) and Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
• Networking such as Virtual Network, Load Balancer, VPN Gateway, Application Gateway and Content Delivery Network
• Databases such as Cosmos DB, Azure SQL Database, Azure Database for MySQL, Azure Database for PostgreSQL, Azure Database Migration service
Experience with any of the following is considered an advantage:
• Experience with Docker, Kubernetes cluster and POD’s
• Active directory configurations and user management
• Experience with Jenkins and Git
• Storage such as Blob Storage, Disk Storage, File Storage, and Archive Storage
• 2+ years of experience in the areas of software support, operations and/or development.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Degree in computer science or engineering mandatory
• Working efficiently in emergency situations. Affinity to quickly analyze and solve problems
• Strong team player passionate about his/her work who learns and adapts quickly
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent communication skills - precise, based on facts
• Fluency in English
• Azure certifications preferred
• Ideal candidates will have a strong-customer focus able to work in international, virtual teams and have a desire to continually develop SAP solution core skills and business knowledge.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Cloud, Engineer, Consulting, ERP, Database, Technology, Engineering
Your application has been successfully submitted.