Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Our team builds the fundamental infrastructure (sensors and software) to make buildings aware of the people in them.
This role will lead design at Density. You will help shape our roadmap, partner with our engineering team, and design great software. Although it's not required, we have a preference for designers who can code. This role reports to the CEO.
Apply if you have some of the following background:
- You have experience leading product and/or design teams.
- You've been a design lead on consumer or enterprise grade software.
- You have experience building and iterating on prototypes.
- You have experience as a front-end developer.
- You have fluency in software development lifecycles and processes.
- You've created and leveraged design systems across a multitude of applications.
- You have experience creating a feedback loop from a customer's experience to product decision making.
- You've organized and conducted design research and brainstorming sessions with various stakeholders in a project.
- You measure progress by quality and completeness you were able to solve a problem in the time you were given.
- You've conducted design sprints and driven towards carefully crafted MVP Requirements.
- You have worked in connected hardware and/or enterprise software.
- You enjoy experimentation and can design big products through small iterative releases.
- You can empathize and develop rapport with developers.
- You are a clear writer and compelling speaker.
- You are very good at listening and conducting user interviews.
- You understand that Design is as much a methodology as it is a verb.
- You can develop empathy for a customer and make decisions based on their needs, not your own.
- You do not need an expansive team to be effective.
- You value function over form.
- You are humble and enthusiastic.
- You value building diverse teams.
- You're wiling to take out the trash, if that's what the team needs.
- You are resourceful, direct, helpful, driven, and mission-oriented.
- When you win, you give credit to others. When we lose, you take responsibility for missteps in the hopes of being better next time.
Life at Density
- We have offices in San Francisco, New York City, Syracuse, and cross-functional team members in 16 states and 5 countries. We run a mixed model — co-located in some geos and distributed in others. The ability to work on and willingness to invest in a team with this structure is important.
- We believe culture has more to do with what we value, who we hire, and how we do work than with just being in the same office. That said, we love seeing one another and regularly invest in bringing teams together (post-COVID)
- Above all else, Density values its people. Our team is comprised of individuals always ready to help, eager to learn, and striving to do their best work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Space analytics for the built environment.