Web Designer & Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Density, we build the infrastructure necessary to measure how people use space. At our core, we believe Better Spaces = A Better World. The impacts of our solutions can include lower emissions, less waste, better access, safer buildings, and better designed cities. It is a long-term pursuit and one we could use your help achieving.
As the Web Designer and Developer at Density, you own how the world sees, understands, and feels about Density through its website and partner portal. You will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining our main website in Webflow, while keeping SEO and UX at top of mind. You will maintain and improve our Partner Portal in Wordpress.
We’re in the midst of forging a new category and are looking for someone who is excited to bring products to market that are entirely unique, unprecedented, and will change the way humans think about physical space.
In this role, you will...
- Work with the Sr. Brand Designer and Marketing team on website and partner portal enhancements to continuously improve user experience.
- Maintain and enhance both sites’ architecture consistent with best practices.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Create and maintain website and portal layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices.
- Design, build, and manage landing pages, microsites, and other web assets as may be required to meet marketing and sales campaign objectives.
- Integrate data from various back-end services, databases, and marketing tools (i.e., Marketo, Salesforce, etc).
- Maintain and optimize SEO health with best practices and thoughtful management.
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our sites with special regard for UX, mobile, and site speed.
- Assist with updating our sites’ content/resource center as needed.
- Take direction from Sr. Brand Designer to ensure brand uniformity for all web assets.
- Assist in the development of creative assets for social media and other marketing purposes (social posts, display ads) as may be required.
- Design and create landing pages, microsites, and other web assets for marketing campaigns.
- Pitch creative ideas that enhance projects.
- Collaborate with team members to launch designs and campaigns
The ideal candidate...
- You've designed and lead development for an enterprise marketing site.
- You're a systematic thinker, and believe strongly in the important role process has in creativity.
- You measure progress by the quality and completeness you were able to solve a problem in the time you were given.
- You have worked in connected hardware and/or enterprise software.
- You enjoy experimentation and can design big projects through small iterative release.
- You understand that Design is as much a methodology as it is a verb.
- You're diligent about reducing markup in your HTML.
- You're obsessive about good CSS class names.
- You can write PHP and are familiar with Wordpress functions, classes, etc.
- You know your way around Analytics, Optimize and GTM.
- You've built on top of tools like Marketo, Salesforce, ZoomInfo, InstaPage, TypeForm.
- You're a professional Google and Stack Overflow user.
- You can empathize with and develop rapport with developers and designers alike.
- You can develop empathy for a customer and make decisions based on their needs, not your own.
- You do not need an expansive team to be effective.
- You value function over form.
- You are humble and enthusiastic.
- You're willing to take out the trash, if that's what the team needs.
- You are resourceful, direct, helpful, driven, and mission-oriented.
- You’ve managed third-party contractors and resources to bring a project to completion.
- Two-plus years experience in Graphic, Web/Mobile, and UI/UX DesignExperience working with Webflow and WordPress.
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A natural project management ability and an instinct for getting things done.
- An eye for design aesthetics, brand consistency, or experience using design programs such as Creative Cloud, Invision, Canva and Sketch.
- Working knowledge of SEO best practices with a drive to optimize and increase understanding.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- A portfolio showcasing storytelling, conceptual and executional skills in integrated campaigns
What we bring...
- A team hailing from places like Apple, Meraki, Stanford, NASA, and beyond.
- $100M from investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, and Upfront Ventures.
- A work environment full of fun, smart, dedicated, and kind teammates.
- Our principles - Be Humble, Seek Feedback, and Solve the Fundamental Problem.
We are looking for candidates who are strong in several areas and have exposure to or interest in the others. Most of all, we are looking for candidates who see themselves as a meaningful addition to Density’s team and culture.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Space analytics for the built environment.