Director of Product Marketing
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Density, we build the infrastructure necessary to measure how people use space. The result of distributing this platform is lower emissions, less waste, better access, safer buildings, and better designed cities. It is a long term pursuit and one we could use your help achieving.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you get to own the build and own the entire function from informing product development, to driving product launch, and delivering continuous product adoption.
We’re forging a new category and are looking for someone who is excited to bring products to market that are entirely unique, unprecedented, and will change the way humans think about the built environment.
In this role, you will:
- Advocate for our existing and prospective users, be informed about our competitive landscape, and become the go-to expert for your product to help shape the product roadmap and strategy.
- Develop product positioning, messaging, and customer segmentation informed by user research and market insights.
- Deeply understand how to scope and execute marketing strategies and campaigns needed to reach different customer segments including whitepapers, sales materials, webinars, and other forms of content.
- Work closely with a range of cross-functional teams—product, sales, marketing, customer success, engineering and executive teams—to develop go-to-market strategy.
- Own the full product lifecycle from helping shape the product, to driving launches, to growing product adoption post-launch
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience spanning marketing, product marketing, product management, or strategy consulting; experience working at a start-up preferred.
- At least 4-5 years of product marketing or go-to-market; B2B Enterprise SaaS, bonus points if you have HW/SF experience.
- Experience working on product marketing throughout a product’s lifecycle.
- Experience in B2B marketing and working closely with sales teams.
- Exceptional writing and storytelling skills.
- Ruthless prioritization and organizational skills.
- A knack for breaking down technical, complex solutions into relatable narratives.
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and the independence to push forward initiatives at a start-up pace.
- A deep appreciation for collaboration, teammates, and differing perspectives.
- The data chops to pair quantitative data with the qualitative customer feedback to create a balanced approach for bringing products to market
What we bring:
- A team hailing from places like Apple, Meraki, Stanford, NASA, and beyond.
- $100M from investors such as Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, and Upfront Ventures.
- A work environment full of fun, smart, dedicated, and kind teammates.
- Our principles - Be Humble, Seek Feedback, and Solve the Fundamental Problem.
We are looking for candidates who are strong in several areas and have exposure to or interest in the others. Most of all, we are looking for candidates who see themselves as a meaningful addition to Density’s team and culture.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Space analytics for the built environment.