Senior Frontend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We’re looking for a Frontend Engineer to join our ZenHub team. You will work with other engineers and designers to help us ship outstanding product features, standardize our component library, and suggest new processes to deliver high-quality polished code. This is a full-time position based out of our Vancouver office.
A little about us:
ZenHub is the leading team collaboration and project management suite built into GitHub and GitHub Enterprise. At ZenHub, every team member is charged with getting to know customers deeply, learning how to solve their toughest problems, and turning them into evangelists.
Our customers are smart cookies: some of the best teams at companies like Imgur, NASA, Microsoft, Docker, and Zenefits use ZenHub to stay in the zone. Ideal team members are technical enough to get their hands dirty and product-focused enough to help translate customer requests into product features.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Make every user interaction with our product a delightful and polished experience.
- Define best practices for UI design, user experience and general software development.
- Contribute to the ideation, technical design, implementation, and testing of product features.
- Improve technical skills and share knowledge with the rest of the team.
- Ship features with the users in mind and strive to provide them with a seamless experience.
- Identify ways our technical stack can improve, prioritize them with the team, and make them happen.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has deep knowledge of CSS and how to organize it in large-scale applications.
- Has demonstrated excellence in developing web applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Has expertise building single page applications with front-end libraries such as React, Vue.js, or Angular.
- Has worked closely with design and product teams, worked with tools like Invision, Zeplin, Abstract or Figma, and has a keen eye for attention to detail.
- Has experience with cross-platform testing and identifying browser edge cases.
- Has experience building responsive web applications that work well on both desktop and mobile devices.
- Communicates well; works well with others to improve the product every day. Can collaborate with marketing, product, and design to move the product forward.
More about ZenHub:
At ZenHub we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Axiom Zen is a venture studio. We work at the cutting edge of emerging tech to build and scale future-facing companies.