Full Stack Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Xealth is looking to add a new role to our team, a Full-stack Software Engineer.
Xealth’s mission is to improve people’s health in the US while also decreasing their medical costs. We created the world’s first digital health content clearing-house, and it’s now helping doctors, physician assistants, etc, to prescribe digital health options that enable people to lead healthier lives. We’re a highly skilled, passionate team, disciplined in our agile approach, with a track record of success –– and we are proud to be applying our efforts to improve health options for everyone.
On the road ahead, 2021, 2022, and beyond, we see there is yet more to be done to help our customers meet the needs of their patients. We need to create responsive web applications, develop custom recommendation engines, and bring forward analytic solutions to help clinicians throughout the US to respond proactively to their patients’ health challenges.
We offer a unique opportunity for software engineers to make meaningful contributions to future features and versions of our product within a focused, agile engineering environment.
Our product runs on AWS, integrating tightly with 3rd-party EMR and practice management systems such as Cerner and Epic.
As a Software Engineer at Xealth, you will:
- Contribute to the development of efficient, scalable cloud-native web applications
- Full stack development, including frontend and backend Web Services and APIs
- Work in a cross-functional, agile team that reaches across our entire product
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Other challenging tasks as needed
Our ideal Software Engineer will have:
- Degree in Computer Science, including coursework in algorithms, data structures, software design, operating systems, and/or strong CS fundamentals
- Excellent communication skills
- Prior commercial frontend development experience with ReactJS framework, CSS and HTML
- Commercial software development experience, ideally with a focus on Cloud, related Open Source, or Public Cloud environments developing modern server-side B2B or B2C applications with Node.js
- Software development experience in a start-up environment that employs agile software development methods
- +1’s : Prior experience as an SDE at an early-stage startup; experience committing code to opensource projects, interesting/curious personal projects, background in HealthIT, or the Healthcare Industry
The Xealth product is a digital-health clearinghouse in the cloud, enabling clinicians to easily prescribe digital health tools for their patients, monitor their progress, drive usage, and ultimately attain improved health (with significantly lower long-term health costs).
Xealth spun out of Providence St. Joseph Health (PSJH) in 2017. Investors include Atrium Health, Cerner, Cleveland Clinic, MemorialCare Innovation Fund, McKesson Ventures, Novartis, Philips, ResMed, Providence Ventures, UPMC and the Froedtert and Medical College of Wisconsin Health Network. Key clients include Baylor Scott & White Health, Duke Health, Advocate Aurora and Mass General Brigham.
Due to patient success and subsequent clinician demand, Xealth is experiencing rapid growth in the clinical Healthcare IT space, most recently receiving an investment from Cerner in 2020, as part of our developing collaboration with them.
Xealth has been named to the CB Insights Digital Health 150, awarded the “Best Connected Health Platform” by the MedTech Breakthrough Awards, and was named to Fast Company’s Annual List of the World’s Most Innovative Companies in 2020.
Compensation & Benefits
Xealth offers a multi-tiered approach when constructing a highly competitive compensation package. The compensation package would include a base salary, equity, and a comprehensive suite of benefits.
Xealth is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Digital Health at Scale